cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting Document Not Generated: Budget Exceeded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS Experts,

I am basically an SD Consultant, but learning PS and solving issues for a client who has implemented PS module. I have an issue while cancelling an invoice. Accounting document is not getting generated. It is giving an error message as below.

Item 1003 WBS element S.00000068-00014 budget exceeded

Message no. BP603

Diagnosis

Budget was exceeded by 1,210,838.00 INR in document item 1003 WBS element S.00000068-00014.

Checked with the client, he is telling budget is not exceeded. Kindly let me know if there any setting has been missed out.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adhithya,

If budget has not been originally exceeded, then this error usually occur due to some budget inconsistencies. I also faced the same issue.

Please follow these steps to get rid from this error:

RKANBU01 – This will correct incorrect commitment data (Related SAP note # 534993)

RKACOR04 - Fixes inconsistency between Totals & Line items (Note: 21649)

After running the above reports please run CJEN and CJBN in sequence to correct AVAC error.

Object number of a WBS element can be obtained from PRPS table.

Please let us know in case of any concerns

Thanks,

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Inder for your very useful suggestion. Here in our case,  actually budget had been exceeded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adithya,

I have a comment in addtion to solution provided by Tushar. Please check if your goods receipt amount is higher than the invoice amount. This is likely caused the BP603.

I also found SAP note 1424698 is very useful to answer your enquiry.

Regards, Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the report S_ALR_87013558. Here you can get details of Available Budget, commitments and Actuals.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rao,

It is not appropriate to use your mentioned report S_ALR_87013558 to check for availability control. You may see SAP note 1414563 which provides detail explanation as of why. Therefore, you may use transaction CJ30 to check the budgeted amount and whether the assigned value is available for your postings.

Regards, Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gordon,

What I also want to understand is, is the budget amount related to sales invoices also. Is it not that budget amount will be applicable during procurement. As per the CJ30 Transaction, in fact the budget amount had been exceeded. Kindly request you to throw more light on this.

In fact, we have suggested to the client to increase the budget amount and waiting for their reply.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Adithya,

I think you must have assigned the CO object (in your case WBS element) in your Sale invoices process whereby the error BP603 is trigerred. Since the assigned value is exceeded the budgeted amount in CJ30, I would recommend you to review SAP note 1424698. It explains why the availbility control is not responding as expected.

Regards, Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check what are the settings maintained in Tolerance limit for Budget profile of your Project.

SPRO- Project System - Costs - Budget - Define Tolerance limits

Under Act. if it is maintained as 3 which is relevant for error, check what is the percentage maintained in Usage.

The "usage" represents the ratio of funds commitments to the budget, expressed as a percentage.
If this value is exceeded because of budget reductions or funds commitments which are too high, the specified action is triggered. Hence this error is coming.

Regards

Tushar