cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call RFC Function Module in R/3 via XI during Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an XI scenario where I have to fill the IDoc ADRMAS03 in XI and send it to R/3. Unfortunately the sender system does not provide the required address number (ADRNR) for the Business Partner, only the Business Partner number. Therefore I want to call a Function Module in R/3 during the mapping in order to get the ADRNR.

Does anybody know which RFC-Function Module I can call in R/3 4.6c providing the Busness Partner number in order to get the ADRNR?

Thanks.

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alexander,

><i>Does anybody know which RFC-Function Module I can call in R/3 4.6c providing the Busness Partner number in order to get the ADRNR?</i>

Post it on the ABAP forums and maybe you can find a standard RFC for this.

To perfrom RFC lookups in your mapping refer to this blog,

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

Regards

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Bhavesh,

>>>Module I can call in R/3 4.6c providing

he wants to do it in R3 (exit probably) so let do it

RFC lookups as you know are not the best way

(from the design point of view) and from the error handling perspective

lookups in IDOC exits are better too

Regards,

michal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,

I thought he was looking for an RFC to call from XI that resides on the SAP system.

But, if he wants to do it on the SAP system itsef, I agree with your point that he can write an exit for the same. I am "in sycnh" with your point that move such stuff to your R3 system if possible

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if u insist to find the ADRNR # u can have a RFC created which will fetch the value from the tables: kna1(customer master with customer as input) or lfa1 (vendor master with vendor num as input). Both the tables will return the value for the field ADRNR. but as discussed above it is wise to have these collected in a userexit which u can find the in the inbound f/n module

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do it . please use RFC Look up api to getthe details. are you have blog from Michel how load data with out look up also

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

no need for RFC lookup it's better to do as he wants

(inside an exit in R3) - just my point of view

BTW

don't use a FM just find a table with both values

and create a select statement youself

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>