cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can create new paymant term? User or(and) SAP consultant?

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,I have one (easy;) question: what is best practice in SAP regarding creating new paymant terms, is it best for paymant terms to be open by SAP consultant or is it also possible to create new paymant term by end user? I have been working on SAP for 1,5 year now and I can say for sure that I am one of the experienced end-users which understands how business processes work in SAP system.

I do have access to transaction OBB8 and I can create new paymant term, following instructions I found in books, this forum etc but I would like to know is this task "reserved" only for SAP consultants or also one experienced user as I can do this to? What is the best best SAP practice from you experience?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

If the user is aware of creating payment term, then it is well and good as it will reduce the time to raise a ticket to the support consultant and then get him do the configuration.

From my experience in consulting, i personally feel some transactions like say adding a reason for rejection or payment term in your case, can be done by the user himself provided he gets enough training on how to do so. Still he might not be authorized for transportation and hence it will again cause a delay in moving the configuration to production, which will then wont do any help for our objective of giving that obb8 authorisation to user.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Charles,

Thank you very much for prompt reply!

I understan it much better now. The fact is that I received information from one of SAP from our support that it is best that only they do it. But, considering that I know business practice of my company and I understand how much time takes to create new paymant term, I don't see any reason why they should do it anymore.

All the best,

Sam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally, this would be dealt with by power users or by the financial team from Business and not by the consultants.  Of course, consultants do this if it is an implementation project but not in support project.

G. Lakshmipathi

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for explanation, I appreciate it.

Best regards,
Sam

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers;)