cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro View Designer not updating - NWDS 7.3 SP5 P3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yesterday I updated my NWDS from 7.3 SP5 Patch0001 to 7.3 SP5 Patch0003.  I now have a strange problem that when I am in the Web Dynpro perspective editing the layout of a view, changes I make to the layout such as adding new elements, or changing texts in labels for example, don't show in the view designer.  I can re-arrange columns in a table using the Outline view but not see any change in the view designer.

This used to happen when I had Patch0000 installed but was fixed when I upgraded to Patch0001.  Now the issue has come back so I'm wondering if there is something else missing.  Anyone else have this problem?  (Note: it happens on my colleague's machine who also upgraded to Patch0003 this week as well.)

Interestingly, I can make the View Designer work properly by changing the rendering configuration and choosing a different theme (see the attached image) but this isn't practical to have to do every time I open a different view.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gareth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth!

Last week, I updated NDWS from 7.3 SP08 PAT0004 (everything was fine, the views refreshed as expected) to 7.3 EHP 1 SP13 PAT0001 and this version shows the same behaviour you described!

Sorry, I'm not coming up with a solution, but there seems to be some bug that keeps coming back.

We are using the newest Version of NDWS available for NW 7.3 EHP1. Does anyone know of any solution? This bug is quite annoying.

Thanks

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

I am using NWDS 7.3 SP5 Patch0001 but still facing this issue.

Could you please tell me the path from where we can change Rendering Configuration?

Thanks in Advace.

Thanks,

Puneet Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

Sorry for the late reply - I missed your question.

I'm now on 7.3 SP7 Patch0002 (i.e. the latest available version) and still having the issue.  It's really annoying me now!

To change the Rendering Configuration, click on the button I've highlighted here:

NOTE: You need to do this every time you open a View, otherwise it stops updating again.

Thanks,

Gareth.