cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with SCADA / controllers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm running a research of using ME and MII systems together with ERP. So one of my tasks is developing of data streams between two endpoints: ERP on one side and SCADA (controllers, sensors) on another. I have explored that MII and ME can connect to ERP through its own interfaces and tools (like SAPMEINT). But I can't get how MII and ME systems are connected to actual data sources like SCADA.

Let's say we need to get data coming from temperature or preassure controller and import it into ERP for further analysis. Please help me determining necessary components for data flow.

I've discovered there is a component called Plant Connectivity - can this be applied to my case?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dmitriy,

Plant Connectivity (PCo) can connect to SCADA devices that are exposed as OPC data via an OPC Server.  OPC Servers may be a component of the SCADA software, or may be a dedicated software product that directly communicates with the SCADA hardware (PLC's, etc.). PCo also has connectors (Source Agents) for PI and IP21 Historians, as well as OLEDb for any OLEDb-compliant Historian (or database); and stream data via TCP/IP Sockets.

MII then uses Plant Connectivity as a data source through which it can query tag data and process that data within MII transactions.

Plant Connectivity can also be configured to detect OPC data changes and raise Notification events that can pass data directly to MII transactions.  This Notificaion mechanism can also be used to send webservice requests to ME to perform various ME Webservice-enabled activities.

- Steve

Answers (0)