cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use same SSL public key certificate for multiple interfaces simultaniously.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have SOAP to SOAP scenario with an existing customer with encryption and decryption of messages at both the ends, Now we are going to have same scenario with a new customer.

Now my doubt is, can we share the same SSL public key certificate used with the first customer for signing the messages, with the second customer also.

If yes, I want to know, when the transactions with both customers are happening simultaneously. usage of same certificate for signing the messages with both the customers will create any problem?

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Nag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>If yes, I want to know, when the transactions with both customers are happening simultaneously. usage of same certificate for signing the messages with both the customers will create any problem?

There wont be any impact when transaction happens simultaneously. Java stack validates for every message irrespective of the customers or systems.

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

You can go ahead with it, we have implemented in our project and it is working fine.

Also take a note of what Simone suggested that is a good practise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There're no problem to use the same server public key for 2 different BS.

However, is a good practice to use 2 different private keys for 2 different BS