cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP RDS for BO are ready to use or still in ramp-up?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

I d like to know if SAP RDS for BO are ready to use or still in ramp-up?

Because i ll start to use them on my pre-sales meetings with clients.

Regards

jav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jav:

Like Murali already mentioned above, review the OSS note#  1647614 for RDS and it will walk you through the deployment steps involved for RDS.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos
hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

You can download the SAP RDS for BO from SMP @

SMP(https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/support)->Installations and Upgrades > Browse our Download Catalog > SAP Rapid Deployment solutions > SAP ERP RDS for op. reporting with SAP In-Memory Appliance (SAP HANA)->SAP HANA CONTENT 10V2

This will have

"REPO_20111207-104022099-ANA--HCO_ECC_APPL.tgz" file, which is nothing but HANA Content Views(Models)

"lcm.job.airgap.list4789981557493473009.lcmbiar",which is the BO Contents and it will have Pre built Universes,Relational Connections,Dashboards,WebI Reports and Crystal Reports which are ready to use,if you have the respective data in HANA DB

SAP Note: 1647614

Hope this helps you.

Rgds,Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MuraliKrishnan E, these solution is ready to sell and install on production environtments?

regards

jav

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,but you might need to do some configurations before getting it fully operational in the Production environment. The package would consist of files like .ATL, .DDL, .DFX , .BLX, .PNG , .BIAR and so on.

Installing .BIAR will help in getting the universe on UDT and later convert that UDT to IDT.....

You can also observe that the installation of .BIAR will help in bringing some standard reports to the launchpad.

BR,

Prabhith

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jav,

Yes,Its ready to use.

You have import the LCMBIAR file which has the pre-built Universes,Connections and Reports.

Change the Relational Connection pointing to your HANA DB and make sure that the underlying data is there in the HANA DB.Once its done,you can make use of these reports.

More Info @ https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/rds-hana-erp

Rgds,Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the link, I was needing it.