cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment Cost to be posted in different G/L account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum Members,

We are implementing SAP in one of our Logistics client.

We have an specific requirement stated below.

We have implemented till shipment cost settlement and all is well but business wants us to implement a functionality that all the surcharges and octorai charges to be posted in different G/L account automatically.

Example..

• Our shipment has started from Mumbai to Delhi
  • there are 2 deliveries in the shipment.
  • One delivery has to be dropped at Surat warehouse and other delivery to be dropped at Delhi warehouse which is the final destination.
  • Now there are octorai charges till Surat and after that there are no charges.
  • Now we need to devide these charges between the two deliveries.
  • Now basic freight charges and other surcharges to be posted to the different G/L accounts automatically
  • There has to be 2 G/L account determined automatillay during the account determination in the shipment cost document.

Please let me know if I am not clear.

thanks

Sandhya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Posting in two different G/L account is a manual process. During the account determination you need to manually enter the account numbers or else in the shipment cost pricing procedure there are requirements for each condition type. There you can write a route which will fulfill your requirement. We tried a lot doing it automatically but could not be succeeded.

Rgds

Rajiv Rana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

thanks for your reply but can you tell me when we can have the automatic account determination for 1 account in the same way cant we have a second line in the account assignment?? means two line of G/L accounts??

Sandhya

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have automatic determination for two different accounts if you have two item categories in the freight costs document. There are two ways to achieve this:

• The two freight cost documents have different types. This way, all is automatic, you set one item category to each document type, and a different account assignment to each item category;
  • One freight cost document type with two item categories. This way, you must only post to FI one of the item categories according to which one is relevant.

If the shipment documents you have are of two different types, then choosing option 1 is a no-brainer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Thanks for your inputs but can you please through some more light or can you please explain how do we achieve that??

Thank you

Sandhya

Former Member
0 Kudos

further to add to my above answers ...... you can calculate by stages. you can have multiple stages in your shiment document. (you split your stage depending on the nature of the action : loading, shipment etc... or by itinerary).

After that in the shipment cost document you will get 1 line item per stage and you can settle each item separately.

I hope you got the point if not let me know.

Rajiv Rana