cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while initializing planning area with Fiscal Year Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using fiscal year variant definition to achieve weekly planning bucket, with the bucket(s) ending with month end. I am using Year Dependent FYV. FYV (F3) is maintained for 2011, 2012 & 2013.

Periodicity in FYV for 2011 is as below

MonthDayPeriod

Storage bucket profile is maintaind with periodicity of Week, Month, Year, Posting Period (with F3), Horizon 01.01.2011 to 31.12.2032

I am not using any time stream (to define my week start/end, or month start/end).

This SB profile is attached to the DP planning area. While initializing the planning area, the error comes as "The period 2011001 is not consistent with periodicty P that was entered in the storage buckets profile for the planning area"

What needs to be done for this?

Regards

Manotosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manotosh,

2 questions:

1) How did you define the last period for 2010?

2) While defining the fiscal year variant, what all did you specify?

e.g. year dependent = ticked, calendar year = ?, number of posting periods, number of special periods?

Answer to the above questions might help in giving you an answer.

Also, hope that you did not change the FYV recently without deinitializing the planning area. If you did that, then you would need to revert back your changes to the FYV, take a backup of planning area, deinitialize it, then update the FYV to the new values and then again load the data from backup to the planning area.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

1. I have not defined the FYV for 2010. I have just defined it for one year back and one year ahead of 2012.

2. I have ticked year dependent, calendar year- no, number of posting periods= 66, number of spl periods- nil

I am currently trying in sandbox system. Did the de initialize and initialize the planning area. while initializing the error is coming.

Also after a couple of tries, I got that if I select 'day' along with 'Posting Period (with the mentioned FYV)' in SB profile and the SB profile horizon & PA initilization horizon as X-1 to Y-1 years (consider FYV is defined from X to Y years), then the error does not come.

Non Year Dependent FYV is working fine, with no errors. PA is getting initialized without no errors.

Regards

Manotosh

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manotosh,

Please maintain fiscal year for 2010 in your fiscal year variant. It is requested that you have at least one more year in the past as well as in the future.There's a very old note 163998, has clarified this in point 4. Also in note 1024356 you can find this requirement.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

I already went through the mentioned notes and as per the solution given there I created FYV for 1 yr past and 1 yr in future i.e. for 2011 and 2013 for year 2012.

As per your suggestion, I created FYV for 2010 also, but unfortunately while initializing the planning area, the same error comes.

Regards

Manotosh

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The error message seems to be relevant to promotion planning ...
I haven't seen it happend during PA initalization ...
So the below is only my guess.

Please check all the planning books that are based on this planning area. Find out those planning books with promotion planning activated (This can be seen in /sapapo/sdp8b). For the dataviews in these planning books, find out the time bucket profiles in use. Then in /sapapo/tr30, check the definition of these time bucket profiles. Is there any other fiscal year variant (different from FYV in storage bucket profile) used in these time bucket profiles? If yes, it is possible that the FYVs are not consistent ...

Please let me know you findings.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

just wondering, how did you arrive at the point that this error seems to be related to promotion planning.

Also, the related planning books are not relevant for promotion planning

The time bucket profiles are also refering to the same FYV (just one)

Regards

Manotosh

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manotosh,

Let me elaborate the point that I mentioned in my first reply.

You should not change the fiscal year variant when your planning area is initialized, i.e. it is activated. Don't change your Fiscal year variant directly when it's in working condition. This corrupts the time series as I have seen.

1) You mentioned above that you were able to initialize your planning area with 'day' in SBP. Reach this level again, means add 'day' again and then you are able to initialize planning area. This is your working state. Do a time series consistency check also, and this would work fine at this point of time.

From the above point where you have a working planning area, try out the following now. Strictly follow the steps, don't try to use any shortcuts:

2) Deinitialize the planning area by deleting the time series.

3) Since you already have working FYV in a working planning area, delete the Fiscal Year variant at this point of time, meaning revert back 2011 to the standard calendar year with each period ending at the month end. I would suggest to do the same even for 2012 and 2013.

4) Take out the 'day' from the setting in SBP, and save it.

5) Update the fiscal year variant now as per your weeks which end in multiples of 7, apart from month-end weeks. If you plan to use years in the future as well, update the fiscal year variant even for those years to be on the safer side.

6) Try initializing the planning area now, and see if it works.

Thanks - Pawan 

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, then what error message did you get? I suppose it should be /sapapo/prp 104. If it's not, please let me know the correct error message id and number. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Thanx for this detailed steps. I followed exactly what you suggested but unfortunately still the same error.

For Ada- the error message is

Message no. /SAPAPO/PRP104

Regards

Manotosh

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manotosh,

The time bucket profiles are also refering to the same FYV (just one)

Assuming you have set up the FYV correctly and followed Pawan's instructions, the step you missed to execute is to assign this FYV for all your TB profiles as well apart from SB profile (even in forecast profiles later).

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manotosh,

May be the problem is with number of posting periods. You may have defined as 52 periods and later maintained as 53 periods in some years. If this is not the case put a breakpoint at FUNCTION 'FIRST_DAY_IN_PERIOD_GET', see the period which is passed when you are getting this error. See if you maintained periods for that period in your FYV.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are wronglly created the FY Periods, Refer this docuemnt and try again

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40406edb-ea9a-2d10-8c99-dc2793fbd...