cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Layout asking for Login Info

former_member217514
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have modified the Delivery Note Crystal Report Layout for Business One by clicking the Edit button on the Report and Layout Manager for Delivery Note (Items).  I then saved my modifications to a file.  Finally, I go into Business One and import the Layout for Delivery Note (Items).  When I preview the Layout it asks me for login information then continues to fail.  How dow I make it so I can print the Delivery without having to constantly log in?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

john_obrien7
Participant

I had exactly this issue on some workstations and resolved it by changing the connection type.

Check the connection type and if you are using OLEDB provider SQLNCLI, change it to

OLE DB for SQL Server: SQLOLEDB.

This resolved it for me.

Former Member

Hi John san,

I faced the same problem and your solution solved mine.

Thank you for sharing the precious information.

davedai
Explorer

This worked perfectly. Thank you for sharing the solution.

Answers (13)

Answers (13)

Its a problem with the sqlcli install in this pc o server.

Install sqlcli that match with your driver.

For me it works intalling sqlncli 2012 x64 from microsoft

https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/download/details.aspx?id=50402

This may solve your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a Set Location Problem.

Open the layout in Crystal Report, then press Database -> Set Location -> Create a new connection  Microsoft OLE DB - SQL Server -> Then put log in details along with the database you want the layout to be used for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks , Its working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

eassy and simple solution for all ....

open field explorer---> database field --->Right Click -->current Data source --->reports connection----->report ----->property ----> set Property as---

Data Source: .\Databasename.accdb

and code on viewer form load as

Dim cryRpt As New ReportDocument

Dim Report1 As New rptItemWise

Dim strServerName As String

strServerName = Application.StartupPath

rptItemWise.SetDatabaseLogon("admin", "", strServerName, "dastabasename.accdb", True)

cryRpt.Load(Application.StartupPath + "\rptItemWise.rpt")

also change the report connection same as data source i think that code work for you ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

ReportDocument RD=new ReportDocument();

RD.SetDatabaseLogon("loginid", "password");

This may Solve your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I had the same problem with my client I've solved it just changing my connection from OLE DB to SAP Business One.

Regards.

David Almazan

samel_terrero
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Check SQL Connetion for SQL 2008 use SQL Native Client 10.0 it's Works for me.

Private_Member_135681
Participant
0 Kudos

Doing this worked for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I am pretty sure you are not going mad (nor am I). My report works fine in 8.81 PL10, but not in 8.82. I have logged it with SAP and am awaiting a SANE response...

former_member217514
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Julie.  I had to break down and remote into my customer's server to perform the necessary changes.  I have been slammed this week with demos and a customer going live.  I really prefer doing the Crystal Development on my development computer where I am having the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I recently had a similar problem on an 8.82 implementation, having contacted and spoken to SAP Support multiple times these suggested fixes worked:

The request to login to the database when you open or print preview a Crystal

report is a known issue. To resolve this, I recommend you go through our Root

Cause Analysis (RCA) guide. Please see attac hed Note 1676353 on where to find

this. There are four Cases in this guide (which contain a number of Influences)

- please go through all Cases and Influences.

We also tried the following:

STEP 1:

Influence 2: Case 2 is to clear all the data for login (e.g. sa and

password - delete them) and then ticked 'Integrated Security#.

- Influence

3: #: Check the current datasource is to update connection.

- Retest opening

the system reports on a workstation.

- If they are still reporting an error

try the next step

- STEP 2:

- Change the datasource location of

the report from OLE DB to SAP Business One type and leave the

authentication

information blank. Try running the report in Crystal, and then import to SAP.

And also opened up the Crystal Report via the Edit button in SAP in Reports and Layouts Manager, we then clicked on the database connection and updated all the tables (even though they were the same) and these got the reports needed working. Speaking to SAP it is a known bug and they are releasing a hotfix to resolve it, but try explaining that to a customer !!!

Hope these help.

Regards

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I tried all the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sean, but still no luck. The report imprted into a 8.81 PL10 datanase on SQL2005 / Wondows Server 2003, and ran without needing to touch connections.

SAP have asked, and been supplied, with a copy of the database. Hopefully some answers soon

too_muihwee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Are you able to solve your problem? I have the same problem, import report into Sales Analysis folder, but when open up report, it ask for sa password. The strange part is the same user ID is used in 2 workstation for testing. 1st workstation is server, no problem on executing the report, 2nd workstation is user's PC, it ask for password although both workstation using same SAP user ID.

Any idea? Not all crystal reports that running from 2nd workstation asking for sa password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yours may be a known issue with 8.81 PL6 - 7 where issues on either XP or windows 7 were identified?

I am 8.82 PL4, a completely new server, fresh install of SAP, but an upgraded database. The issue occurs on all workstations with all custom reports - the imported SAP Generic ones seem to be OK.

If I use an OLE DB trusted connection, the users can run the reports by ticking the "integrated security" box in the log on screen, but using SAP connection, or non trusted connections, choosing cancel button crashes SAP.

I have been working with SAP for a week or more & still no closer to a resolution to the issue

ogallegosv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Try the following:

- Reinstall Crystal Reports 2008 for SAP Business One, you can download from the SAP Web Channel.
- Install SQL Native Client for SQL Server version you have installed.

If this does not work try this:

- Open the editor and change the link Crystal BD "ODBC" to SQL Native Client.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

The Crystal Report editor is a separate install - Crystal Reports 2008 or similar, so you will need to reinstall that as well.

I am having the same issue on the same patch with a report that I know works elsewhere. There is a lot of troubleshooting steps available in the SAP self help portal, but I have been through them all with no luck.

I think I will finish up loging this with SAP later today, so will keep you posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal Report is an integrated part of B1 in your version. How did you uninstall it?

former_member217514
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I went into control panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features selected Crystal Reports, right clicked and selected uninstall.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is wrong way to uninstall. Now you may try to reinstall B1 client.

former_member217514
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Uninstall Crystal Reports

2. Uninstall SAP Business One Client

3. Install SAP Business One Client

4. Open SAP Business One

5. Open a Delivery

6. Click Print Preview

7. Delivery Note shows up within the Crystal Report Layout

8. With the Delivery Note selected, click the Layout Manager toolbar button (Pencil)

9. Click Manage button

10. Click Edit button

-> Error while connecting to Crystal Reports 2008; check the installation

When I look under Start -> Programs -> SAP there is no Crystal Reports for SAP Business One , where as there was before.  I am actually unable to find Crystal Reports anywhere on my computer. 

Are you sure the Client installation installs Crystal Reports? 

I think it just installs the Crystall Reports bridge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you edit the layout, have you checked the database link?

What is your B1 version/PL, db version and OS version?

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member217514
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

B1 8.8.2 PL 04, SQL Server 2008 R2, Windows 7 Professional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried to switch off UAC?

former_member217514
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Already turned off.  I now have uninstalled Crystal Reports and now unable to reinstall.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is just with XP and not Windows 7 then I think this is a known issue with 8.81 PL6 or somewhere around there.  There is a file B1CRBridge.dll which needs to be replaced.  I gather it should be fixed in PL11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Edit and import through Crystal Report Add-ins ->SAP Business One-> Save as option. No need to import again.

Try this.... It may solve your issue.

Rgds,

Priya

former_member217514
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OH what a time saver.  Unfortunately it did not work.  Still asking me for log on information.  On top of that, I enter the sa password and it fails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Database-Set data source location update the default server into your local server.

save it and again import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just great and Quick solution.

thank you so much!