cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Roles from one user to another in IDM 7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys

We have a requirement to copy roles from one user in IDM to another user using UI. Just to give you a bit of background... user in IDM will be created by synchronisation with Active directory. Once the users are created in IDM we have to create a task in UI where the administrator can search for a user and see what roles is assigned to him. From the list can pick the roles and assign it to another users.

Can anyone provide any ideas how to achive that?

Parveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

You will have to create a custom task to do this.  Probably not that easy if you are just starting off with IdM and based on your description, the implementation might be a bit complex. (i.e. - nobody's going to be able to give you step by step instructions how to do it on this forum).

The attributes you'll want to work with are MXREF_MX_PRIVILEGE or MXREF_MX_ROLE.  You can do this through the standard Web UI, but if you want to have flexibility, i'd recommend using the REST API.  You won't run into as many limitations, and you'll be able to build a guided task.

Good luck!

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parveen,

Take a look at the Provisioning Framework and some of the IDM documentation.  It explains how you can do either manual or automated Role provisioning.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Matt

Can you bit more specific as to what document i should searh.

and also i was expecting if you can provide some guidance on how to configure web task so that we can achieve the above result

Parveen

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parveen,

Identity Management for SAPSystem Landscapes:Technical Overview is probably the most helpful document.  I would recommend downloading all of the available documentation.  The Tutorials are most helpful in understanding how IDM work.

This is also a helpful document: SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Solution Operation Guide

The help is also quite helpful

When you import the framework, it should be fairly obvious how to edit the roles. I don't know if there's anything in there about copying a user, as that is usually not a good Security practice, but it should be doable depending on your requirements. 

Regards,

Matt