cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS Team Viewer & Visual Composer

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an iview thru Visual Composer for ESS and deployed it. As I had the sy-uname as a variable in my BAPI, it runs swimmingly.

Now into MSS. Maybe I oversimplify as the first step was so easy. What variable do I pick up once you chose one of the employees in the team viewer? I suppose I have to set some properties on the "Visual Composer" iview to make the eventing work?

Thank you for your help,

Frederik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HenrikD
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible. I ask the same question some time ago and was told that the MSS developers wrote an enhancement for the EPCF which is not compatible with VC.

Please see .

Best regards,

Henrik

0 Kudos

I found an alternative solution using an existing delivered template.

Thank you all for your replies,

Frederik De Bruyker

0 Kudos

The alternative solution consists of using the iView template that pulls information out of R/3 based upon a custom query.

Frederik De Bruyker

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you be more specific as to eventing are you trying to achieve?

Lior

0 Kudos

Lior,

The eventing I looking for is that when I click on an employee in the team viewer, the custom iview gets updated with the employee specific information. Getting to the data on an employee once I have the personnel number, is not an issue.

I am on EP 6.0 SP2.

On the Visual composer side, I inserted a custom function I created (4.7 SR1) and attached an output form to it. I guess I am not clear on how the eventing works in detail.

Thanks for your help,

Frederik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need a custom IView for that - you create the receiving IView in VC and use the VC eventing mechanism.

The event sent is an epcm event - you can see which one one you create the "Signal Out" element in the iview that sends the event.

Generally, in VC, events are sent and received using the Signal In and Signal Out elements.

Hope this helps,

Lior