Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide to Publishing BW Reports?

former_member182429
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I would like to know what is the best practice that SAP advocates in terms of publishing BW queries and reports to the NW portal currently. Should it be done via Launchpads, or are IViews still the recommended way?

I am unable to find any best practice guides that are published anywhere. If anyone would be able to point me in the correct direction, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arvind_doomra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear HS,

There are many ways through which you can publish the reports in portal.

1) You can publish the report to portal using the Information broadcasting functionality. Create a broadcast setting and choose the option export to portal instead or Email.

2) open the report in Web Analyzer and then you will see many options while saving. you can either

save it in KM etc,,

Regards,

Arvind

former_member182429
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind, thanks for the reply. However, what I would really like to know is which method is actually the recommended way of publishing reports (either via IViews, or via the Launchpad).

I'm not talking about Information Broadcasting, but publishing a query/web application directly in the portal.

arvind_doomra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear HS,

In that case, Recommended way of publishing a query/ web application is through IViews.

Regards,

Arvind

Amitjaiswal
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi HS ,

for these types of functionionality you can check the scenario in below help link :

Also please do check the wiki document at :

I hope these would help you how to configure the Portal as well as bw system .
thanks and regard
Amit Jaiswal .