cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message in Sales order if there is no stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you please tell me the way to stop the sales order with an error message if the availability check found that there is no stock in the inventory.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do a incompletion log on VBEP-BMENG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr. Alan,

But it doesn't work if i assigned it to the item category and its screen is not found, any advise with that...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for your help MR. Lakshmipathi

It has been solved by an incompletion log but we have two methods for the solution it can be solved, as an enhancement in user exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in include MV45AFZZ and make an authorization on the field VBEP-BMENG if the quantity equal zero and it can be solved by using Define incompletion log on the field  VBEP-BMENG in the Sales schdule line (Error group C) in the screen of Sales (EID1).

Best Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for updating how you have addressed the requirement.   In most of the cases, members dont update properly here.

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I am correct, incompletion log will give ONLY a warning message and you can save the sale order.  Can you please test this and confirm as I dont have access to SAP now.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it doesn't complete the order as the confirmed quantity will always be equal zero and dimmed so it will always release incomplete till it have any values.

Nour El Din Raafat

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the updation based on my request.  But can you please test this and confirm as I doubt system will give only warning and you can save unless you validate it with user exit.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested it several times and tried everything but it stops the sales order and it doesn't complete the document else if i deleted the material, please try to do it and tell me your comments please, as the field of the confirmed qty will always be zero.

thanks for your response,

Nour El Din Raafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. G. Lakshmipathi,

I wished to reply for that from a while but i was out of country, i think the reason for the document that it doesn't complete is that i am checking the field of incomplete messages in the sales order document type configuration (VOV8), But i think if we removed this check in will release a warning only, wish that this would be the reason.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this thread where similar topic was discussed

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1851483

G. Lakshmipathi