cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Client of Business System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to change the client number associated with Buisness System in SLD.

The Business system has transport targets and Software products associated with it.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudharshan,

Transport Targets and Software prodcuts do not matter.

TO change client, click on change technical system and then in the next window, you can change the client.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

TO change client, click on change technical system and then in the next window, you can change the client. - No it's not possbile..I had tried it didn't worked for me..you can changes Installation number but client it's not possible..please can you confirm it Bhavesh from your end also.

Regards,

Venu.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

It is possible.

Open you Business System --> Go to the Tab --> Integration --> Against technical System --> You will have a link called Change --> Click on this and now, you can see 2 drop down boxes with Technical System and Client.

if you need to change the client, then select the corresponding client and then save the changes.

Go to your integration direcotry and clear the SLD data cache and now, you will see the logical system name of the new Client as the Logical System name of your Business System.

It works. Just tried.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

By any chance are you referring to PI 7.0

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do it on any SP

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudharshan,

Yes I am on Pi 7.0 and the steps I described are on 7.0

But, I can also confirm that the same thing can be done on XI 3.0 as well.

PI 7.0 has a better layout of the SLD and so it is easier to do things. XI 3.0 also will allow you to change the business systems client, but as I dont have the access to a 3.0 system, I cannot give you the step by step way ahead, but it should be similar to 7.0.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open you Business System --> Go to the Tab --> Integration --> Against technical System --> You will have a link called Change --> Click on this and now, you can see 2 drop down boxes with Technical System and Client.

- This will happen when Technical system has more then one client..if Technical system has one client it won't come.

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

then click on change Techincal system that will take next screen their yu have option of change the client. this is possible if you have clinet in this drop list if you have only client you cant change it.

Thanks

Sreeram reddy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

It is assumed that the Client has been added to the technical system before you try to change the pointers to a business system.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried the option and it works perfect in PI 7.0.Thank you all.

But in XI 3.0 I am not able to find kind of dropdown if we have multiple clients for Technical System.

Am I missing something.

My Scenario is I have two clients in Technical System.

I want to have a single Business System to toggle between these two clients, every now and then and Synchronize Adapter Specific Identifiers in Directory form SLD as and when required.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Message was edited by:

Sudharshan Aravamudan

Former Member
0 Kudos

can tell me clients you have for tht busniess system in 3.0 . if you only one client then YOU CANT CHANGE THE CLIENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreeram,

I have two clients.But in XI3.0 I am not able to select and change client for business system. In PI7.0 I am able to do it.I will explain my scenario once again. I have two clients in my Technical System say 800 and 812.

I have created a Business System Buss for client 800.(Client 812 is not assigned to any Business System).

Now I want the Business System Buss to be associated with client 812.

Hope my scenario is clear.

My Business system Buss has transport targets and Software Product associated with it.

Regards,

Sudharshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then frist you need to add 812 client to our Techincal System. then it will be avaible in our business system . So add client to our techincal system first.

to add client to technical system click on that techincal system and click clients and choose add new clients slect 812.

after goto our busniess system their you have option now. Hope this is clear

please reward points.

Thanks

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all ur efforts.

Once we change Technical System, we can choose the client from drop down.

@Bhavesh : You are absolutely right.In PI 7.0, it is coming in a different tab, but in XI 3.0, it comes once we choose change option for Technical system.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add new client in the techincal system

i.e clients ->Add client -> save

goto business system

techincal system-> change ->new client (will appear in the list) ->select the new client ->save

Regards

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to confirm whether there is no way other than deleting the business system and recreating it.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I want to confirm whether there is no way other than deleting the business system and recreating it. - there is no way..delete the business system and recreate the business system.

Regards,

venu.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudharshan,

You need not delete the business system at all.

Just make sure that the client is not assigned to another business systetm and then make the changes like I have mentioned . it does work,.

Regards

Bhavesh

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan

In XI 3.0 there is way aother than deleting the business system..

else we can Add a new client..

Regards,

sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to delete the Business System please clcikc on the business system which you want to change the client . then click on change Techincal system that will take next screen their yu have option of change the client. this is possible if you have clinet in this drop list if you have only client you cant change it.

Thanks

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Sorry what i was posted some thing missed out..(I thought Technical system has only one client then i posted the answer..if technical system has more then one Sreeram reddy wrote that is correct.)

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please goto sld click on the business system which you change the client. click on client buuton you can remove cuurent client and the new one which your requiremnt

Thanks

Sreeram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

How to change the client number associated with Buisness System in SLD.

- it' not possible. I think you can add the new client at Technical system level but changeing client it's not possible..if you want to change the client you need to delete the business system and new client need to be add Technical system then create the business system.

Regards,

Venu.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venu,

You need not delete the business system. All you need to do is select Change technical system --> and then it will display the technical system and the client and you can choose the new client and save the changes.

This is on PI.

Regards

Bhavesh

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudharshan,

The option is you can either Add a another client for the technical system you are using...

I may not be right?

Regards,

sridhar