cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap frontend package installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I created an SAP installation server and also created a package along with a script to copy saplogon.ini in under on end install event. However, when I tried to execute the installation of the package on front end system its getting installed but it is not copying the saplogon.ini.

Hope I could narrate my problem clearly and any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

are you using a script like the one mentioned in the attached document to note

Note 1035560 - Customizing SAP GUI Installation    

Does the user that executes the installation have authorization to copy the file there?

Cheers,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego

Yes you are right. I was going through the help in Installation server admin tool but not the sap notes you mentioned but both are same.

Yes, the user is already a member of admin group on the local machine. For your feasibility, I am copying my script here.

NwEngine.Context.Log.Write "Event: Copying customized SapLogon.ini"
strSrcFile = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("\\Server\InstallServer\CustomerFiles\SapLogon.ini")
strDstFile = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("%userprofile%\SapLogon.ini")

If NwEngine.Shell.FileExist( strSrcFile ) Then
NwEngine.Shell.CopyFile strSrcFile, strDstFile
End If

I doubt on my way of declaring the strSrcFile, correct me if I am wrong there.

Thanks

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I think you should use something like this for win7:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common\SapLogon.ini

for winXP the file should be copied to ("%WinDir%\SapLogon.ini") as mentioned in the document.

Cheers,

Diego.

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The other trick is if you are upgrading to 720 or doing a fresh install, store the saplogon.ini file in the c:\windows directory.  Then when the SAP Logon/Logon Pad is launched for the first time, the saplogon.ini file will be stored in the correct location automatically.

It only works if the machine has never had a SAP GUI installation or is coming from say 710.

Take care,

Stephen

Answers (0)