cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM contract authorization object - Approve activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

We are on SRM 7.0 PPS (Procurement for public sector), trying to restrict contract approvers to only approve an SRM contract and not able to change/edit it.

However, for contracts there are only two objects:

BBP_PD_CTR - General authorization object for contracts

BBP_CTR_2 - Authorization object for use of extended section-based contract authorization

But in both the above objects, there is no activity to assign approve access, there are activities for create, change, display, print etc., and it seems like SAP is using the "change" activity to grant approve access, is that true ? If yes, then how can we achieve the outcome that an approver should not be able to change the contract at the time of approval, and if its not true then is there an activity "approve" attached to the contract objects ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Imran Sadiq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I know, an approval action is considered as a change. You can see it when you approve a document, "changed_by" field will be updated with approver user.

Mayber you can try to manipulate some logic in BBP_AUTHORITY_CHECK.

However, an approval action is considered a change.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ricardo,

I think you are right, the only option is via  BBP_AUTHORITY_CHECK..

Thank you all for the help.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one way you can do it. I assume approvers have Operational Purchaser role; so that they can change contracts amid of approval process. You can restrict their role. try to do it by PFCG. It might work for you.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for your reply, however I dont quite understand what you are suggesting, the approver in this case does not have a buyer role and is not allowed to change POs/contracts but only to approve.

What exaclty do you mean when you say "restrict their role in PFCG", thanks.

Regards,