cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make use of Search in forums like it was in SDN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I select search by tags sometimes it was going infinite select of tags and not able to get what I wanted. Can someone please point me on how to make efficient and less time consuming searches on the Content ?.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni

As far I know, the Text based search has been disabled within the Spaces in the new SCN intentionally for performance reasons. I think test based search would be back as soon the system is capable of handling the load..

Hi Greg,

I havent found the Search Box at the top right corner much useful so far...it does not really gives relevant results, like the search in the old SDN...The SCN team needs to enhance the Search functionality for sure..

I hope someone from the SCN Dev Team looks into this thread..

Sandip

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

You are correct: the search or keyword filter was removed for this reason and we are working to restore it. Unfortunately I don't have a date.

Site search is also a pain point at the moment and we are working behind the scenes to improve it.  In the meantime, I created a custom Google search specifically for SCN.  It's an interim solution because you users need it to function on SCN! http://bit.ly/new-scn-search

There's a Discussion filter and including PI in your query will retrieve results from this space, more or less.

More details about using it are here:

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use this search box that you can find in the top right corner:

After you search for some keywords, you can filter the results by content type (for instance forum posts, blog posts and so on) or using other filter criteria on the left side of the results list:

Hope this helps,
Greg

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMHO, still the search forum functionality is not ease of use as that of the old one. I also mostly go via tags to find out the latest blogs and thread details. Sometime google search seems faster too.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas Tarugu,

I usually use the filters in the left side. It's useful to take the blogs and wiki because the themes are more detailed. Also, I usually use the sort by relevance. If you use the rating sort it's important that you collaborate in the forums, blogs, etc voting the themes that you consider more useful in order to help the people in the future. Also is better to know the the users in this comunity in order to make searches by contributor.

Regards.