cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS alerts through Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to trigger alerts in form of SMS on my cell phone, so would like to know, what all configuration we need to do in Sol Man system?

I did came across some documents, where there is some configuration related to HTTP node for having SMS node, with help of ISP provider, but would like to know, is this the only configuration we can do or is there any other way we can do?

So please advice, how we can do this.

Thanks,

Anand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!
You need to go through  the Mail/SMS configuration vis tcode SCOT.

After this you can define alerts/auto reaction methods for the certain alerts.

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The configuration of SCOT is from transaction solman_setup in basic

Configuration

So first finish the setup of solution manager

Then you need to go to solman_setup -system monitoring

And create the alert you want

My advise for you is to read the guide for the technical monitoring for solution manager 7.1

In Sap RKT

Regards

Naor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for the updates.

I have already completed those steps and getting alerts through email,but now along with emails, i need SMS too on my cell phone for some critical MTE's like system shutdown.

So would like to know, whether we require this to be done from our ISP provider (Telecom Network provider) or is there any SMS Server available,as we do have Mail exchange server & Fax server, to do the configuration in SCOT tcode.

Thanks

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!
in case of sending SMS messages from SAP system you will need a provider.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am also  working on the same stuff to configure alerts for SMS in technical Monitoring 7.1,If this problem fixed at your side,Please let m eknow the steps how to push the SMS messages.

Regards

Jana

Former Member
0 Kudos

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Yethaba,

In Transaction SU01 - Maintain Users details and manage update records here in SAP system.

In SOLMAN_SETUP >Technical Monitoring>Step 2.3 Default Settings>Notifications

>Maintain Notifications Variants

>Edit mode in Notifications tab

There is a Selection box - Notification Mode were you can set your Notifications to Email and SMS or SMS only just above the Recipients.

Hope this is of some help

Regards

Ruth