cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business partner add Portal indentification in background job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert.

I am working on solman 7.1 incident management. Here is the issue I am facing: We will have portal users who report the incident message from portal (we integrate solman into portal EPSolman). Then the message can be processesd in solman. In order for solman to track the reporter, we need add Portal indentifacation number into BP. For example, like "<PORTAL SID> < installation number ><Client number>". For ABAP system, we can use SE38 and run report AI_SDK_User_BP_GEN (with RFC connection) to schedule background job so when there is new users added, his/her business partner profile will be created with the system indentification number. But how will we do this with portal? Did anyone have idea/workround? Your help is very much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Roman71
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you already have a solution for this problme? We are facing the same Situation with BP of Portal users.

Many thanks for any Information.

Best regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

We actually had developer to create a program by copying AI_SDK_User_BP_GEN to update BP with portal  number.

Hope this helps

Hailan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Hailan,

We have exactly the same issue. I have logged a msg with OSS and so far they have come back to say we will need to do this manually. I have sent back and am waiting for a different answer. However, I am not holding out much hope. We are in the process of creating our own program to update BPs.

There is one report, AI_SDK_BP_MAINTAIN_EXT_SYS_ID, which you could use to update the BP, however, you would need to virtually do this for every BP individually, so no help either. Have a look and you will see what I mean.

Should I get a positive response from OSS, I will update this msg and send  your their answer.

Kind regards,

Helga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Helga. I was also told that there is no buitin function for update BP with Portal number by SAP. We are currentlt open development request for this but we also open to any other workaround. Thank you for your information.