cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEMASS PO functionality used in SRM Extended classic scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We use SRM 5.0 Extended classic scenario. I have been facing the below issue, Where the PO created in the SRM and transferred to R/3. I am doing the Changes through MEMASSPO and making the delivery completed indicator. The indicator is updated in the R/3 table as well in the SRM WEBGUI ( Portal ) side. But not updating in the Application level i.e. when I check in the BBP_PD Final Entry Indicator (Goods/Services) is set as blank.

Correct me if I am wrong, that can I do the above process for the EC scenario. If so why its not updated in the BBP_PD.

Kindly provide your valuable scrutiny.

Regards,

Kannan B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kannan,

Can you please refer the below OSS for the details.

This has resolution for the existing documents as well when there is no update on BBP_PD

1524582 - Follow on document data and flags are not updated in SRM Local PO related document tab statistic view.

Thanks,

RBEI SRM / Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Thanks for your reply, However this note - 1524582 could be the solution if the follow on documents created and the statistics tab is not updated at the WEBGUI ( front end). My problem when i am changing the PO delivery indicator by MEMASSPO T code in the R/3 side. The indicator is not updating in the BBP_PD alone. Hope you understand. Is there any possibility for the BBP_PD update.

Regards,

Kannan B

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

The document numbers shown in follow-on document and statistics sections of a PO on portal are dynamically taken from SAP at the moment we navigate to these sections.

FM BBP_PD_PO_ACT_VAL_UPDATE sets FINAL_ENTRY indicator on SRM PO if you do full Qty GR or set Final delivery via MIGO in SAP. As soon as MIGO done, an entry is created in BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB table in SRM and its processed by CLEANER job which ticks "No further confirmation" box using the above FM.

In your case, MEMASSPO sets Delivery Completed and Final Invoice indicators to PO in SAP only but not in SRM because this transaction does not create any entry BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB table, so CLEANER job does not update SRM PO.

We are running SRM5 and have encountered the same case with a PO. Where Cost Center, on which PO is created, is locked for primary costs in SAP, so PO creator cannot close it in SRM. When we closed PO via MEMASSPO, we can see "No further confirmation" is set on portal but not FINAL_ENTRY in BBP_PD because this particular field data is taken from SAP.

Regards,

Karthik

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

It is possible to change the ERP PO using MEMASSPO, this is not supported by SRM in our standard scenario. The changes made on the backend PO will not be updated on the SRM PO as you have noticed.

If you have to mass change field on SRM POs, our recomendation is to create a Z-report to change those fields.

Kind Regards

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Thanks and i can understand the scenario but however the changes done in the R/3 through MEMASSPO is reflecting only at the SRM screen level why not its happening in the application level ( BBP_PD). Why its restricted and what job is running to update the screen level only. is that CLEAN_REQREQ_UP ? Please clarify it so that we will go with the above suggestion with the Z program.

Regards,

Kannan B

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

I am puzzled that the changes are reflected in the Portal screen of SRM. In extended classic scenario the leading PO is in SRM, so no changes should be allowed from the backend MM system. It is a very strange issue.

In extended classic the SRM system is not coded to accept changes that have been made to the PO in the backend system.

Please also see thread: http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1389525

Where it is stated that we do not recommend to do this as it will cause inconsistences between the two systems.

I do not recommend you continue to make changes to the SRM PO, through MM.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your valuable answer. So, shall i raise a OSS message for this issue? Also the link you given simply says that its not recommended. But how can i prove it to the business that this is not coded for ECS.

Regards,

Kannan B

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

The creation of a OSS message would not help in this case. The standard system is that when using Extented Classic scenario the PO is not changable in the ECC system. It would be considered a change the standard if you were to make the change to the PO in ECC.

Kind Regards,

Lisa