Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact person details not flowing from MDM to ECC

former_member245533
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am updating contact person details in MDM and syndicating it for updation in ECC through workflow.

The issue is coming that all fields are not getting update. I am taking the following fields for updation:

1. Contact Person First Name

2. Contact Person Last Name

3. Date of Birth

4. E-mail ID

5. Telephone number

6. Contact Person Department

7. Contact Person function.

I am creating a new contact person under sold-to-party and updating the above mentioned fields. Now when I am sending it to ECC, Date of Birth, E-mail ID and Telephone number is not creating/updating in ECC under contact person details..

Please suggest what I need to do in this case..

Awaiting your response

Thanks & Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

You can check at :

Destination Preview if the other fields are getting updated in the outgoing file.

If not please check mapping and destination properties.

As suggested you can check if data in idoc is missing but present in syndicated xml,in this case PI mapping and conversions should be reviewed.

If the Idoc is posted successfully and few fields are not getting updated then it is worthwhile to check detailed log of idoc including warnings and errors.

Please update on ypur findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member245533
Participant
0 Kudos

Can any one help me out to get the exact solution...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Please refer to SAP note 799003.Evaluate the symptoms and post that you can apply the correction as suggested.

Please update the thread with findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Please update.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

To check in the detailed way, you need to go step by step:

First check if Syndication mapping is there for missing fields. you can do it either looking for fields in the Item Mapping tab. Or you could check the same in Destination Preview tab by looking for desired data.

If mapping is missing in Syndicator itself, then you need to map the fields to respective destination fields. Correspondingly similar mapping at PI system would be required and change in idoc processing might be required to incorporate the changes.

If syndication mapping is fine, then check if PI is sending those fields to ECC or not. this can be checked by looking for fields in the idoc, if present then  PI mapping is fine, else you need to map fields in PI system as well.

If both the above check are fine, then you need ABAP team to debug the idoc and see why it is not processing those particular fields. After the problem is identified, you need to take corrective action depending upon the problem.

I hope this helps you. Thank you.

former_member245533
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The I-doc which we are using in MDM is DEBMDM06 and corresponding I-doc in ECC is DEBMAS06.

In PI, the data is flowing from MDM corresponding to Telephone number and e-mail ID but it is not getting updated in ECC. The segment which is mapped in syndication, is not present in DEBMAS06.

Here I explored and found that ADR3MAS02 and ADR3MAS03 (BAPI for inbound distribution of contact person addresses) has the fields which are mapped in MDM syndication. But I am not sure is it correct or wrong.

Kindly guide how can I map those in PI and with which I-doc, Port, Segment for updation in ECC.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shailendra,

Any updates on this?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra

If the data contain  '_' or '-' ,   please remove these and try again.

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shailendra,

Please check the following things:

1. Check, if MDM is syndicating data for Date of Birth, E-mail ID and Telephone fields, in the syndicated file. If no, then check the field mapping in your syndication map.
  2. Check, If PI is sending data for these fields to ECC system. If no, then check if your PI mapping is correct?

Thx/ -Tarun