Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Configuration on MII

richakhandelwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have just installed SAP MII 12.2 on Netwaever 7.0 SPS 14 system. Can anyone tell me the steps to be followed to configure JDBC drivers? So far i have created a data source in NWA which is in stopped status & a data server in MII menu which is also in stopped status. ANy help will be highly appreaciated.

Thanks,

Richa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

richakhandelwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Just to add, we are on oracle 11g & windows platform. We have deployed JDBC jar file from oracle/1102/bin/jdbc/ojdbc5.jar

-Richa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

After that you have deployed the driver, You can go to Data Servers screen in Data Services Menu.

Create a data server of type IDBC. Save the Configuration.

Select the above created configuration and clink and edit, go to the Connection tab and update properties like "JDBC Driver" (specify the driver class name), Server URL, username and password. Also do not forget to write the correct "Validation Query" like "Select 1 from dual".

Save it, Enable it and it should work fine.

I hope this helps, do let me know in case of any issues.

Best Regards,

Anuvrat

richakhandelwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anuvrat. I have already maintaned

JDBC Driver as oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Server URL as jdbc:oracle:thin:@<hostname>:1521:<db SID>

Validation query as select sysdate from dual;

Can u pls suggest what should be user name & password here?

Thanks,

Richa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

it is the same username and password from which you want to connect to your database.

it can be your schema name and password like "scott" and "tiger".

You also need to supply the correct server url as well as per Oracle specification.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anuvrat

richakhandelwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Again. I have tried with user SYSTEM & password, doesnt work. Schemauser & password, doesnt work.

-Richa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

Can you let me know about what is the server url in the configuration?

Regards,

Anuvrat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anuvrat,

It looks like you are using an invalid version of NW for the version of MII you reported.  NW 7.0 was for MII 12.0, not 12.2.

Please review the installation instructions.  You need to be on either NWCE (7.1) and I believe SP5 or higher or on NWCE 7.3 (not sure which SP).

Regards, Mike