Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMPLING SIZE

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

my sampling size is fixed 250 gm,

now after GRN stock goes to QA32,when i am checking system is not calculating sample size.

raw material is recieved in MT.

please see the below table

Insp. Lot Qty   0.250              MT

Actual lot qty  0.250

Sample size     0                  MT

siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe Sachin is correct.  Your BUOM is entirely too high.

That said, why can't you just make this a fixed sample size of 1?  Does it really matter?  Sure it looks cool to calculatethis stuff, and for many materials we need it. 

How many products do you have where your BUOM is a metric ton? You aren't going to track that material in grams so why even bother having it in the Inspection lot?  What business benefit is it giving to the techs in the lab?  My guess is they get a large bag or bottle of ore material.  I doubt anyone is weighing this out to make sure there is exactly 250 g in the container.

Maybe they are, but my guess is any weighing to composite any samples is done by the lab and and not when the sample is collected.

Specific, accurate sampling calculations are usually only required for specific types of materials, high dollar value material, inventory control or for regulatory reasons.

You can't be requiring this calculation for inventory control.  You can't be needing this to tell the people how and how much sample to collect.  You probably only have one or two products like this and I'm pretty sure the sampling process is pretty much the same. "stick a bucket under a chute" or "scoop a bucket out of the truck or off the pile".

I have worked with several clients that used large qtys of ore's, (ore freighter size to daily truck deliveries, to mined ore), and we never bothered tracking ore samples in SAP.

Again, if there is a business reason that makes sense to do this, you'll have to first change your BUOM to KG and define alternate UOM of G and MT.

FF

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Check your inspection characteristic is required or not.

The sample size of inspection lot is calculated for required characteristics only.

2. Try to use the international unit (SI unit) like as G / KG / TO for automatic conversion.

Regards, Do Wook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How did u defined the sampling size as 250gm i.e. .00025MT comparing with your base unit of measure. If you are maintaining 3 decimal places for the measurement of weight then, your least count will be 1kg  i.e. 0.001 MT. So, system is not able to show the sample size as 250gm which in turn rounding it to zero.

Thanks

Sachin

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Sachin,

My base unit of measurement MT ,purchase material is coming in MT,sample size is 250 gm ,

in QP01 ,

Sample unit of meas. gm

Base sample quantity 250.00

how to manage please guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi in QP01 you ll have sampling procedure not the qty (Please check if the name of the procedure is 250). You can maintain the conversion from gm to mt in the material master addional data so that the system ll calculate the sample based on the conversion.

Regards,

Smruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may not allow you to maintain the relation of 1MT = 1000X1000 gm, since conversion is too long.

At the max. it may allow to 1kg. I too had this problem once.

Experts may provide the solution.

Thnaks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where did you defined "gm" ?

you can try to put MT as unit in MIC & at task list header.