cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement of actual costs from previous year in actual year (CJ88)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

There are non-settled actual costs for some WBS element (investment measure with summary settlement) at the end of the previous year, in the final settlement. The system issues the error message KD 625 "Settle the balance from previous year in previous year first."

The application of OSS notes 819197 and 339973 could not unlock the settlement of actual costs from previous year in actual year for the following case: WBS element that not have actual costs in actual year (2012).

The settlement was performed without error only for WBS element with actual costs from previous year (2011) and actual year (2012).

Regards

Abdesslam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

WBS element that not have actual costs in actual year (2012).  Means you are talking about actual costs are booked in 2012 fiscal year. If it is the case then these costs will be settled in the curent fiscal year. The OSS notes pertains if any actual costs are not setteled in the closed period.

One more option is available on this issue ( i.e., Settle the balance from previous year in previous year first.") you can create one more WBS elements and transfer the costs from old wbs element to new WBS element.

let me know if any issue on this.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Thanks for your replie

Due to closed fiscal year (2011), we can't perform a settlement in previous year (2011)

So we decided to implement OSS note 819197.

In SAP standard, periodic settlement takes only the values of the accounting year (2012) into account. OSS Note 819197, allows that periodic settlement takes into account the debits of all previous fiscal years and settles all non-settled debits of all previous years periodically in the current accounting year.

After testing, some WBS elements was not discharged.

After analysis, I found that settlement was not performed only for WBS elements were not booked on accounting year (2012)

For your second solution, the team does not agree.

Regards

Abdesslam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yest system debits of all previous fiscal years costs and settle non settled amounts in the current financial year.

I am not understanding these words;

After testing, some WBS elements was not discharged - Means

After analysis, I found that settlement was not performed only for WBS elements were not booked on accounting year (2012) - Means these costs are booked in closed fiscal years. You said previous year closed costs are settled in the current period (i.e, 2012 fiscal year) and same as u are telling few costs are not settled in 2012 financial year.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

After implement OSS note, I had performed a CJ88 for all WBS not settled in closed year.

I have 2 case:

• WBS element settled on 2012 as OSS note describe : 2011 costs settled on 2012
  • WBS element non-settled: 2011 costs non-settled on 2012 and balance of WBS element still different of 0.

For the second case, I found that WBS elements were not booked on 2012 (Just an observation).

Question: To settle costs from previous year (closed year) on actual year, WBS elements must be booked on actual year?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I assume After implementation of SAP notes, You can able to settle 2011 costs in the financial 2012.

WBS element non-settled: 2011 costs non-settled on 2012 and balance of WBS element still different of 0 - means you are not able to settle the costs in 2012 fiscal year?

To settle costs from previous year (closed year) on actual year, WBS elements must be booked on actual year?  - Please confirm not settled WBS elements costs are pertains to which fiscal year? either 2011 or before that?

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

For some WBS element i'm not able to settle the costs in 2012 fiscal year.

Not settled WBS elements costs are pertains to 2011 fiscal year.

Regards

Abdesslam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, can you please check these costs are posted through PR/PO process or posted through FI. Is there any difference of the costs?

Also try with one  WBS element cost settlement, whether system is allowing the settlement or not?