cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merge single role in a role and removes duplicate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I have 5 single role consist duplicate transactions.

want to create a new single role in such a way which contains all the  transactions in 5 roles & removes duplicate.

Regards,

vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

My solution is based on the following premise

1. You don't mind copying the authorization values existing in the current 5 roles in the new role

2. You are fine with transactions now showing up on role menu.

My solution is relatively easier than the solution where in you need to find all transactions, create a unique record, then add them to the new role and then adjust their authorization values (checking the existing 5 roles and this a really cumbersome part if you have several auth objects involved).

If so then here is the solution;

1. For each of the file role note down the organization level parameters and values in an excel document or simple download from AGR_1252 table.

2. For each of 5 source role note down the profiles generated.

3. Create a new role. Don't add anything in MENU-->Transactions section.

4. Now goto authorizations tab. Select Expert Mode for Profile Generation.

5. You will get a popup for template selection. Choose don't select templates.

6. Next from menu select Edit-->Insert Authorizations-->From profile. In the resultion pop-up input the profile name of the 1st role. Repeat this step (#6) for remaining 4 roles/profiles.

7. After this populate the organization level from the excel record you had created in Step # 1.

8. Next from menu select Utilities-->Merge Authorizations. It will create unique nodes wherever possible but will not alter the actual authorization scenario. This step is kind of optional.

9. Finally generate the profile of the new role. 

With Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Haroon
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi vivek,

I would suggest you to list the all the tcodes from the 5 single role which has unique Tcode as well as

the duplicate one with help of the SUIM and then with help of the excel where you can sort out the

unique entries in list.

With this list you can create a single role.Hope I answered your query.

Regards,

Haroon Rasheed

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

You need to go to PFCG and create new role then give the transactions you want

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/52/6714b6439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/content.htm

Naor