Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Download SU01 field details ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody suggest the method of downloading the entire User details for a client (Username,First Name,Last name,email id etc) to an external file.

I tried with SE16 -> USR03 , but no output.plz help.

Thanks,

s<i><b>A</b></i>mik.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samik,

You may check for " USER_ADDR " Table. Once you enter the User ID here, it would fetch the following result:

User

First name

Last name

Complete name

Extension

Cost center

Building code

Room no.

Department

Internal mail

Name

City

Postal code

Company name

City

Hope it helps.

Please reward points if it is useful.

Regards

Santosh

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'd suggest to use BAPI_USER_GET_DETAILS.

I strongly discourage from accessing tables directly; only APIs are stable, (internal) data structures might change at any time.

Regards, Wolfgang

0 Kudos

Hi Wofgang,

The program BAPI_USER_GET_DETAILS does not exist in my system.

plz suggest.

Thanks,

s<i><b>A</b></i>mik.

0 Kudos

Sorry, it's a typo: BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL is correct.

Regards, Wolfgang

PS: BAPI = remote callable function module with well-defined interface (use SE37 to display)

0 Kudos

>> PS: BAPI = remote callable function module with well-defined interface (use SE37 to display)

Another option is transaction BAPI => you can be reasonably sure that a well defined interface which you find there is maintained, released and SAP notes relating to it will be referenced.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another layman approach:

SUIM -> User -> By User ID -> execute the report

In the report, Settings -> Layout -> Change -> move the fields you want

To export to Excel, List -> Export -> Spreadsheet

Hope this help!

Lye

Former Member
0 Kudos

User information, that we see in SU01, is not stored in one table. You need to download more than one table and join them based on your requirement. You can create a quick view to join more than one table. The information you are looking for can be obtain by joining tables, usr02, usr21, adrc and adcp.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I dont know how you people will accept this.Once in similar type of situation,what i did was downloaded the contents of diff tables ie usr02, usr21 etc to excel and combined them all via the vlookup func provided by excell. Actually i didnt wanted to create a abap zprog for the same as it was aa occassional work.

Regards

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Notice: the internal data structures as well as the storage location might be subject of change. Therefore it is highly recommended only to use the provided APIs to access the data (APIs will remain stable).

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can get this information by creating a query in SQVI or writing your own ABAP report and export the data to an excel spreadsheet.

Here is a list for tables and how they are linked

USR02 -> USR21 via BNAME

This will get you your PERSNUMBER and ADDRNUMBER which is what you need to query address information

USR21 -> ADRP via PERSNUMBER

This will get you Firstname and Lastname

USR21 -> ADR2 via ADDRNUMBER

This will get your telephone number

0 Kudos

Dear collages,

I know this problem was resolved (or I hope) in 13 years, but I want to post my solution for another person in the future.

If you want to export a list of users in your system you need:

1. Go to SUIM transaction.
2. Inside SUIM -> User Information System -> User -> Users by address data

Then, pick in Execute (F8) with all filds void.

4. Here is your datas, nw you only need to export

5. Select: Text with tabs

6. Export as XLS (excel) format and enjoy!