cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM - How to display descriptions from underlyling domain value table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Firstly I'm new to FPM, got a very basic understanding of ABAP WD, so please forgive the level of understanding. I'm having a bit of a trouble understanding how to proceed on this problem with FPM ESS.

I'm trying to find a way of getting the GUIBB customized on a particular field type.  We have a field "Contract Type" where the underlying domain (P08_HESA_CTYPE) is linked to a value table.  The value table links values and descripions (eg 1 = Permanent). Now when running the WDA the values displayed are the two digit values (01,02,03...) rather than the linked value table texts (Permanent, Temporary, Part Time).  Now I know in ABAP WD Apps you can code this into one of the methods to display a dropdown of these values, but how do we customise these type of fields in FPM?  Is this something we have to code, or is it part of the configuration?

Looking at the Configurator, the feeder class is currently defined as CL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW.  So far I've made a z version of this, and looking at the GET_DATA method which looks like a good place to start if a code solution is the only way forward, but not sure how to proceed.

Would any of you kind people who've done this before be able to provide me with a sample solution or some pointers on how to proceed.

Thanks.

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In method GET_DEFINITION of the GUIBB feeder class (is it a GUIBB Form, a GUIBB List, or something else in your case?) you have to define the field description for each relevant feeder field. The line structure of the field description table contains a component FIXED_VALUES which is a table as well. You can fill this table with the values and corresponding texts that are relevant for the respective feeder field. They will be displayed in the field value help on the UI. In order to dynamically influence the "fixed values" at runtime there is also the possibility to provide another fixed values set in method GET_DATA, changing parameter CT_FIELD_USAGE, of the GUIBB feeder class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jens, I've looked at these methods and they look like they maybe able to solve this.  The fixed_values tab looks the right way to go.

I've also looked at this...

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/c9/c11e54340947a3ad3a8aa572f9aad2/content.htm

Which seems to help also.

Only got one problem now.  Changing the feeder class to point to the Z version so that I can test the code I've added.  The feeder class that is specified in Start Configurator -> Configure Component -> Configure UIBB -> Edit Feeder - is HRESS_PER_DETAIL.  When I set a break point in this class it is only activated when the 'Start Configurator" process is initiated.  I've changed this to my Z class and the Z_HRESS_PER_DETAIL_01 is called when configuring.

However, when running the FPM application using the Test in SE80, the feeder class CL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW is called.  The problem I have is how can I change this specific feeder class to point to my Z version copy so that I can implement my code? 

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What you could do is to create a new feeder class that derives from the SAP feeder class CL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW. In order to assign your new feeder class to the GUIBB configuration you could create customizing for the existing SAP configuration and change the feeder class in the customized version. But please be aware that customizing applies to all users and is client-dependent. If you need client-independent changes you also could create an enhancement of the SAP configuration and change the feeder class assignment in the enhanced version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Thanks for that again. Your help is appreciated.

I've created a z version of  CL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW called ZCL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW_01 and changed the code in the methods GET_DEFINITION to fill the dropdowns.

The problem I face is how and where in the config do I change the feeder class CL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW to point to  ZCL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW_01 so that when I run the application in SE80 class ZCL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW_01 is called rather than the SAP standard.

As stated I can change the feeder class  HRESS_PER_DETAIL to Z_HRESS_PER_DETAIL_01 via Component Configuration, but cannot find where I change the default feeder class CL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW.

I can change the standard using Enhancements and enhance method GET_DEFINITION but not sure if this is best practice with FPM?

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I'm not familiar with all the feeder classes and configurations of HCM. But what I can see from class CL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW it is a feeder class for a List GUIBB. Therefore, the feeder class is most probably be used in a List GUIBB configuration of HCM. But since I don't know which application or application configuration you are talking about I cannot tell you the name of the List configuration. It could be HRESS_CC_PER_OVR_PERSID_XX, for example. But anyway, if you will have figured out the relevant List GUIBB configuration you can go to the FPM configuration editor and have a look at the General Settings of the List configuration. There you will find the name of the feeder class. In the case of SAP-delivered configurations you will of course not be able to change it. That's why I mentioned in my last reply that you have to create either customizing for the List configuration, or an enhancement for it, depending on whether you need the change client-dependent or client-independent. (Please note that this would be an enhancement of a WD configuration, not an enhancement of a feeder class).

There is a question remeinaing from my side: You have also mentioned the feeder class HRESS_PER_DETAIL. This doesn't seem to be a SAP-delivered one, right? What kind of feeder class is it and what has this feeder class to do with feeder class CL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jens.  I've been away from this for a few weeks, but yes the advice you gave was helpful.

I found that the feeder class for CL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW was defined in a customer component configuration. I've changed this to the z customer version now.  Unfortunately this does not seem to appear to point the WDA away from the standard class.  I'll need to investigate this a bit further but the pointer you gave me has been of great help.  Thanks.

The HRESS_PER_DETAIL class is SAP standard and is called from WDA ESS in FPM_OVP_COMPONENT.

Answers (0)