cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send an acknowledgement mail on opening PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frn's,

I want to send a acknowledgement mail on opening a PDF document .

I tried this with using Web service call, but it is not working with Adobe reader.

I  tried with email submit button, but it is opening a mail client interface, i don’t want to open this mail client interface as well.

Last one i am trying with calling a url by passing parameters, and this url request is handled(to send mail) by Application server. But again it is opening the browser (Again i don’t want to open the browser ) .

Please help me to resolve the issue(to send acknowledgement on opening the pdf without opening any interface) by any approach.

Thanks and Regards.

Priyank Dixit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Good day..!

Well as far as I understand your query below is the purpose.

You send a pdf to a user by mail or some communication.

As and when the pdf is opened you wanted a acknowledgement sent back behind the screen without intervention of the user (May be just to confirm that somebody has started looking into the doco as a proof or so).

Well as per the technical approach, this can only be done via web service (if user is in different network & is connected to web.) else can also be done by a database/file update if the user is in your network.

if you want to use webservice follow the example or doco for this, and write your code on doc:ready event of the pdf form. This will work.

Let me know if my assumption & solution works or for any more info.

Cheers,

Sai