cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Multiple IDocs to single file (.CSV) without using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I want to send multiple IDocs(at a time) to File(.CSV) in XI without using BPM.The target file structure should be one row of data for each IDoc.There should not be multiple Files for Multiple IDocs.All the IDoc data should be copied into single .CSV file in the destination.How I can achieve this .Please help me out.

Output strucure should be something like.

Data1Data 2Data 3Data 4 Data 5Data 6 Data 7Data n
IDoc1_Data1IDoc1_Data2.....IDoc 1_Data n
IDoc2_Data1IDoc2_Data2......
IDoc3_Data1IDoc3_Data2......

Regards,

Shriprasad Bhat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can append data to file for each IDOC. Use processing mode as "Append" in your file CC. Your 1st IDOC of the day will create the file and subsequent IDOCs will be written to file in append mode. You can also use ATP settings to activate and deactivate channels and send final written file for the entire day to receiver systems.

-Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriprasad,

The only drawback of using IDOC packaging is that if even a single IDOC is erroneous and fails in mapping it will fail the entire IDOC package and you will have to resend correct IDOCs again. If you can make sure that your mapping will not fail in any case and will ignore erroneous data, IDOC packaging is best option to go for.

-Amol

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for valuable suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI folks,

do you have steps to send multiple idocs into one file through pi.

Thanks

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhat,

What is the version of your PI System? if you are using PI7.1 above then use IDoc sender channel but in ECC you have chance partner profile to collect IDocs mode and have write program to trigger colected IDoc's as a one message.

Regards,

Raj

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

with sender IDOC adapter packaging functionality you can receiver multiple IDOCs from ERP in one message to PI (to one mapping) - if you can do the mapping to CSV from there then you're home

http://scn.sap.com/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/22/idoc-packaging--sap-pi-71-ehp1-and-a...

Other ways of collecting IDOCs from my blog:

http://scn.sap.com/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/05/21/xipi-collecting-idocs--possible-ways-with...

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk