cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

In PI 7.3 we are installed certification  ,   .In testing from SOAP UI (Web service Testing Tool)  with certificate it is checking  user authentication. Using https and port 50001 with certificate  it should not ask any user/password it should send message with certificate only .

Let me know what kind of setting is required .

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It is hard to tell whats happening - we need more details...

Are you saying that you can't make your WS call from soapUI because it keeps asking for a user/password but you're using a client certificate? I'll assume that is your issue.........

Maybe you haven't setup the cert properly in soapUI. What type of certificate is it?

In SoapUI you need to load your certificate into the Keystore (it will ask for the certificate password). You access the keystore by double-clicking your soapUI project and selecting the WS-security configurations tab as in this screen-shot:

Once your cert is in the keystore then on your request WS you need to enter the cert that you've just loaded into the keystore as in this pic:

Now you should be able to execute your WS and it will use the client certificate. You can check the soapUI logs to see exactly whats happening with the ssl hand-shaking.

Once you get thru this part and its working with soapUI you can configure in PI7.3.

Note that we had a strange issue with .pkcs certificates in PI7.3 where the SSL handshake would fail every time with the server dropping the connection for no apparent reason.

What we did was load the .pkcs file into Windows and then save it as a Personal Certificate file instead. Load the personal cert into PI7.3 and then it worked fine... So I've got a feeling PI7.3 has an issue with .pkcs files. I've had a message in with OSS for two weeks about it but no response yet.

Maybe someone else reading this will know more.   😉

Regards,

Jason.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though you use certificate authentication at SOAP adapter level, when the messages arrives (at J2ee port 5000) java stack which requires user credentials. The client has to send this credentials via their client logic.This user is of the type system user. They can pass this credential as  string value in the URL. But, this would not be advisable.

Example: https:hostname:port/ URL related to interface and channel/ followed by &user=user&password=password.