cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for approval while download SAP support package

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

When I tried to download a support package that is delivered after 2nd April 2007, it required approval, then only I can download. Who is the approval or how can get to download this package?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to approve these packages in MOPZ in solution manager then you will be able to download it.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Does it means that I need to install solution manager, then only I can continue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...As per SAP recommendations .. You should instal your SAP Solution Manager first. Then start installing other systems.

If you already had a landscape, then you need to instal a solman and link all the satellite systems to it.

You cannot even perform upgrades( EHP etc) without Solman.

You need a SAP solution Manager configured to approve these packages.Not only for that... For EWAs, Installation keys .. you can use SAP solution manager in your landscape.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swiber,

Yes u need to install SAP Solution manager and have to configure MOPZ.

Following links will help you for installation and configuration

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Home

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/Maintenance+Optimizer

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Please install solution manager

ang go to SE38 - /TMWFLOW/RMOBASKETAPPROVAL

and confirm the download

Naor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is recommended to have a Solution Manager in the landscape incase you have frequent SP download and install requirements (which would be the case normally).

However, incase you are needing only a one off SP, please create a OSS message to SV-SMG-MAI-APR component as mentioned in the WIKI link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/Overview

Regards,

Srikishan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

I already installed the solution manager, how am I going to approve those support packages that I requested in the SAP market place?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you are now able to login to the SolMan. Did you already see Naor's reply:

go to SE38 - /TMWFLOW/RMOBASKETAPPROVAL

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

I already generate /TMWFLOW/RMOBASKETAPPROVAL in SE38. However, I get this error 'No customer numbers in transaction AISUSER', when I tried to add the SAP customer number in AISUSER, it seems like cant fit in the total number. So, how should I proceed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your S-User ID is S0001234567

In tcode AISUSER, enter

<username> 1234567

The whole S-User ID won't fit in.

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

This is the error I encountered when I key in the user ID,

Entry 0004413353   does not exist in AISAPCUSTNOS (check entry)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps you can try to follow the solution from this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1619951

Also, please note these errors would not occur if the basic SOLMAN_SETUP tcode is run successfully for the SolMan installation. This setup completes many configuration activities which includes getting the customer number from the SAP Portal.

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

After I did as what you suggested, I get this error when I go to the approve page - 'Your user has no SAP Support Portal user assigned'

Message Number: AI_SC_EN060

Diagnosis

Your user  does not have any S-User in SAP Support Portal assigned for customer number DDIC.

System Response

The functionality you want to use needs such a user assignment for communication with SAP Support Portal.

Procedure

Ask your system administrator to assign an S-user to you. See also IMG activity SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Basic Settings -> Standard Configuration of Basic Settings -> Solution Manager -> Authorizations/Users -> Assign S-user for SAP Support Portal functionality:IMG activity

I already assigned the user S-user ID to DDIC in AISUSER, but without a contact person, does it affect anything?

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

If I have a solution manager, however, I do not know the password (as it is not installed by me), even default password for DDIC or SAP* also I cant login. So, how am I able to access it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please reset the SAP* password from the database level as mentioned in the thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1497131

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Does it mean that once i removed SAP* from the database level, I can login after i restart the server? This is because once I delete SAP*, I don't see any reason why i still can login.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, SAP* user is different from other users. Once you delete it from the DB level, you might need to restart the system and then again you could login with SAP*/pass.

The above is possible if the profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is set to 0. SAP* user is recreated with default password 'pass'.

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

How can I check whether the parameter is set correctly from the database? because i'm not able to login to the system since I don't have password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have OS access to the server hosting the SolMan system, perhaps you could check/set this parameter in the instance profile at ../usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/DVE...

Else, I am afraid there is no other option but to contact your server admin for necessary access.

Regards,

Srikishan