cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What file extensions can be attached to discussions?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From my experience, it is not possible to attach a zip file(?):

That brings up a question; What formats are acceptable as attachments. For me, crystal Reports files (.rpt) are important. Other formats that we should be able to attach; xlsx, docx, etc.(?)

Also, there is a 1 MEG limit on attachment size(?):

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The file extensions that can be attached are as follows: .asc, .txt, .text, .xml, .xsl, .gif, .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .jpe

There is a 1.0 MB limit.  There is also a limit of 20 images can be inserted into a document.

As an SAP employee, we have other facilities to submit additional file types. On there is a link to the Content Submission System which you might already be familiar with:

Submit Official SAP Content

Access the Content Submission System to submit articles and media. The Content Submission System now accepts only SAP content (SAP employees only).

Thanks,

Jason

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

Many thanks for your response. What would it take to add .rpt and zip files as acceptable attachments?

Umm, I know you guys must be tired of hearing this, but the old forums allowed these attachment types. I know I can add it as an enhancement to the Idea Place, but not able to attach zip files almost looks like a bug.

- Ludek

Answers (0)