cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Timesheet app: SUP not talking to Netweaver Gateway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have a problem trying to set up connection between SUP and netweaver gateway. I defined the security configuration on SUP side with basic authentication, referring to the same URL that provide services for timesheet application (http://<gateway>:<port>/sap/opu/sdata/GBHCM/TIMESHEET). Then I defined application with ID com.sap.meps.timesheetentry and template with the same endpoint URL and above Basic authentication security configuration (http://<gateway>:<port>/sap/opu/sdata/GBHCM/TIMESHEET). Then I created user and assigned to the application.

After I installed SAP Timesheet application on iPad, provided SUP server parameters and all credentials, I still cannot activate application, and judging by symptoms, the reason is because SUP does not talk with Netweaver Gateway. I came to this conclusion after running SM20 - when I try to get to the service via browser, I see at least some activity in the log file, but when trying iPad app, nothing is seen there. I also know that iPad connects to SUP successfully - device is registered with SUP.

So, there must be something that is not configured correctly on SUP side. But the big question is - what could it be? As far as I know, there are 3 pieces that can be wrong:

1. Connection between SUP and Netweaver gateway (trusted RFC misconfigured?)
  2. Security configuration (wrong URL? missing options?)
  3. Applicaiton definition (I followed instructions in the installation guide for SAP Timesheet application, but still, who knows).

My problem is that being new to SUP I do not know how to trace the source of error. I tried looking at SUP logfiles, but could not see any activity there that would explain failure to activate, except the same one I see on iPad trace file:

Message = ERROR :: 6400:Error: 6400 Message: Data in the stream was invalid or truncated. Source: moReqResp.cpp 209./Location:-[LiteSUPMessagingClientConnListener onConnectionStateChanged:connectionType:error:errorMsg:] + 114

On SUP, similar message is seen log file residing in C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\logs\MOLogMobileObjects:

20120403T093235.843|2|Event Type: ERROR__Error Code: 6400__Error Detail: Data in the stream was invalid or truncated.__Source: moReqResp.cpp 209.__|saptime2|AD91803B48EFA168BCF4EE9A29AA34D98A7DF3D5__COM.SAP.MEPS.TIMESHEETENTRY

So, I have two questions:

1. Is there anything in my setup that is obviously wrong?

2. What tools/log files can I use/look into on SUP/Netweaver gateway side to diagnose communication issues?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member58298
Discoverer
0 Kudos

You can check the connectivity between SUP and the GW from the connections area. When you registered the application it will have created a connection.

go to Domains -> <your domain> -> Connections

Select the connection and go to properties.

Once in properties click "ping".

I'd expect, if you've got connectivity, to get a message along the line of "Endpoint result: Unauthorized" which means you've made connection and got a 404. Proces the network connectivity between SUP and GW. When running for real if you're "Basic" security configuration is  using HTTP Authenticator it will take care of the 404.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Mark, I got exactly the message that you are describing, "Endpoint test result: Unauthorized". The question is, how do I fix this situation?

RamBilasYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark/Alexei,

I have registered CustFinFactSheet app in the applications area.

However, I am unable to see any automatic connection created for the same.

Find attached the screenshots of my Application and Connection areas.

I am trying to figure out the error "Cannot cfonnect to server" I am getting on the Android device.

Please help me if I am missing something.

Also, any idea what should be value entered for the field "Company ID" in the server configuration screen on the device?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexei,

I am also facing the same issue and while testing the connecting I am getting the same massage as "Endpoint test result: Unauthorized".  Did you find ant solution for this issue?

Regards

Fibeesh C.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fibeesh,

Alexei issue is resolved and his application end to end is working with Gateway through SUP and the root cause for him is compatibility issue. His client application was using SUP 2.1.2 client SDK and that is not compatible with SUP 2.1 server installation. He upgraded server to 2.1.1 or above and things started working for him.

Please check whether it is the similar case with you. Otherwise you can describe the issue in detail so that I can try and help you.

@Ram: You can verify this from your side as well if this is relevant for you.

Best Regards,

Manne.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manne,

Thank you for your great support let me upgrade SUP Server and I will let you know.

Thanks & Regards

Fibeesh C.A

0 Kudos

Hi Fibeesh.

Did the upgrade also solve your problems?

Regards, GTE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, After the SUP 2.1.2 upgrade we are able to communicate SAP leave
Request (iPhone application) and SUP server

Fibeesh C.A

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to All.

I',m having the same problem ( the message and the device does not register to server) Then..if the connection proxy gives a unathorized message is correct???

Datas can be download to device with this message??

Two things else..

1- my URL service contains odata and not sdata, is there any problem? the xml is shown correctly with odata..

2- Is it possible to connect directly the device to sybase without relay server? is this correct??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please ensure the application end point is, http://<gateway>:<port>/sap/opu/sdata/GBHCM/TIMESHEET/

It is expected if we are getting End Point test result as unauthorised, try opening http://<gateway>:<port>/sap/opu/sdata/GBHCM/TIMESHEET/ in the browser, if see xmls everything is proper

One more small thing, while creating the user ensure that Domain is set to default and the application ID is com.sap.meps.timesheetentry

It shoudl work.

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla

SAA
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi to All,

We are also facing same problem, we installed latest Sybase unwired platform 2.1 ESD 3# which is 2.1.3, and Client is also the same version which u have mentioned. But we facing the issue while we trying to add Device from Apple Ipad.Is there any other procedure to check.?

we also ensured the domain which Srinivas has suggested.

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexei,

This one definitely seems to be configuration issue. According to me something got to do with the way security configuration, application template and user settings are maintained. I may not be able to point the exact missing configuration unless i see it completely. On a quick look about the configuration, following is  my observation.

1. Security configuration (first screenshot) you created is meant for automatic user on boarding using http authentication provider. Which means you don't have to create user in SCC manually and it will be automatically created when you on board the application with SUP.

2. In your second screen shot, domain seems to be not selected and make sure some domain is selected. You can keep the default domain also if you wish.

3. This is to clarify that there is no RFC connection required between SUP and Gateway. It is just a simple http connection using REST based access from SUP to Gateway.

For troubleshooting such issues, you can use domain logs. These domain logs will log all the the request data and payload for each communication happened between SUP and Gateway. Following are the settings to enable domain logs in SCC.

This is one time activity to enable domain logs and it is recommended to disable these logs after trouble shooting is complete as this will log huge amount of data (payload of each request) and can affect the system performance.

After enabling logs, you can perform some activities from device to make sure that some requests are sent to Gateway through SUP and you can monitor them in logs as below.

If this domain logs also doesn't help, you can mail me your SCC details so that i can verify the configuration and help you if possible. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Manne.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manne,

I enabled domain logging as per your instruction. I changed application template to have automatic user registration as false, and added default domain. Then I manually registered a user:

After attempt to "Activate and Logon" from the application, I still get the same errors as before, and I also don't see anything happening in gateway.

The logs from domain "default" (the only one I have) come up empty, too. Below are all other details from SCC:

Security:

Application Connection (the relevant ones, the rest are default):

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're an SAP employee with appropriate authorizations, you can check the ticket I opened with OSS for this problem:

SAP Timesheet app: SUP not talking to Netweaver Gateway ( 292718 / 2012 )

You can request access to our SCC from there and our basis guy will provide them to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexei,

I can definitely help you in correcting one configuration issue for you and see if that helps to resolve this. You are using manual user creation and with manual user the security configuration settings are different. The security configuration settings you are using is for automatic user creation. For manual user, create a security configuration as shown below.

Here in the screen shot, 'basic' is the security config created and you can in fact give any name. What is important is to keep the authentication as 'NoSecLoginModule' as it is without changing anything.

Link this security configuration in the application connection template and use correct template at the time of user creation. Tryout these steps once and it might solve the problem

Best Regards,

Manne.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, Manne, that did not work either.

former_member58298
Discoverer
0 Kudos

In terms of diagnosis - you can use the SUP server log.

In Sybase control centre in the navigation tree: Servers-> <your server> -> log

Then select the "settings" tab

Change Proxy log level to "Debug" (see screen shot below)

Then perform the action

Look in the log on Sybase control centre (same area other tab).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion, but it has all components already set in debug level.