cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRCAC10 - Unable to cut and paste multiple Roles for Risk Analysis

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in the process of upgrading from GRC 5.3 to GRC 10.0.  We had hoped that with the switch back to ABAP that the cut and paste functionality would be available, but apparently it is not.  When we run a User Level Simulation we frequently analyze one User requesting multiple Roles.  Copy and pasting one Role at a time is very time consuming and cumbersome.  The Roles to be analyzed do not have similar starting strings or ending strings, so we cannot use ranges.  Has anyone else had this issue and found a work-around?

Thank you,

J Derting

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Janice,

This is more of design issue and should go on SAP Idea Place. Infact, this idea is already available on SAP Idea Place.

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/ideas/9158

You can vote for this and let solution management team take appropriate action on this. There are already 10 votes for this idea.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janice,

Unfortunately No. We are on SP8 and have to enter the entries manually one by one. We can just save selection as variants.

Its a nice functionality to have the upload function to upload the list of entries.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked and there is an idea already in place.

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/ideas/9158

We can all vote for it who ever thinks its good to have.

There is a high chance of having the enhancement when more people vote for it.

Regards,

Ajesh.

0 Kudos

Hello Neeraj,

Thank you for the response and suggestion.  I was not aware of the SAP Idea Place, so this is good news. I have voted for the idea.  Do you know how many votes it takes for an idea to be implemented?  Can more than one person from the same company enter a vote?

Best regards,

Janice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janice,

There is no predefined number of votes that take an Idea to be implemented. The idea with more number of votes will be given priority compared to others.

Any one with SCN ID can login and vote, doesnt matter if he is from your company or other.

For any questions reg Idea Place you can check the FAQs:

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-142293

Regards,

Ajesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh,

Thank you for the quick response!  I will ask others to vote for the idea and hopefully we will not have to wait too long for the enhancement.  Thank you for the link to the FAQ.  This will be most helpful.

Kind regards,

Janice

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Janice,

As Ajesh rightly said, any one in the globe can vote for this. This is irrespective how many persons from one company is voting for the same.

But ideally, one company should have one vote for one idea and let other customers to review and provide their votes. SAP internally team must be having some reporting who from the globe is voting for the idea. So avoid multiple reporting from one customer side.

As far as the total number of votes is concerned, SAP Solution management team must be having some threshold to take action on the any idea. When voting reaches to that thresholds, they will review and check the feasibility.

Again, this is 100% decision of SAP management team whether to include or not that new suggestion into general availability.

of-course, you can refer to FAQs to more clarity refered by Ajesh.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj

0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Thank you for the additional information.

Thank you both for the quick responses and helpful information!

I have marked this question as answered.

Regards,

Janice

former_member541582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Take a look at the stats and judge yourself:

Posted: 165

Under review: 0

Accepted: 0

Delivered: 1 (posted by a SAP employee)

SAP support they told me it is more an idea place for the next release...

Kind Regards,

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Vit, you are right. I just checked the stats.

This is really a problem to all., hopefully they consider it it next SP Levels.

Regards,

Ajesh.