cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in sending multiple records- from ecc to pi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am implementing ecc-pi-mdm, all configuration is done, but when sending multiple records from ecc to mdm, only 1 record is reaching to mdm.

what could be the problem, which configuration is needed.??

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

First please check the file which PI is sending to MDM in the port folder.

If the file has multiple records try to manualy process the file using the same map in import manager.

Revert back your findings.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neethu

I tried with manualy import also with import manager, but i can see only 1 record coming again and again.

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

Ohkk so the file has only one record  and i guess this is the pattern in which system is configured to send one file-one record at a time.

If you want to process all records together then as per your scenario setting needs to be done in PI where in for a cretain limit PI will wait to reach a count  or some time and bind all the records from different file into one file and will process it but again it depends your specific scenario .Consult with  PI consultants.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

Whats the extraction method?

One way to control this from Block size mentioned while extraction.

One more question,do you mean 1 file is reaching MDM or many files are coming in but only 1 record is getting created?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sending multiple records in 1 idoc. files are reaching mdm but only the first record is being sent from PI. I can see all the records in the file in PI but not in MDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nitish,

This strongly suggests that the xsd node is not unbounded,which should be to hold many records.

Check the node which is expected to be repeating.

Lets say you want told multiple vendor records then LFA1 segment defined in xsd should be unbounded or maxOccurence should be something like "9999" etc.

Kindly let me know your findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

Please update.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

Kindly update or close the thread.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

It is remarkably surprising that you could not update or close the thread while being one of the most active members in recent times.

Hope to see you as active in your posts as in others.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I am also surprised to see such things from top contributor like you......

by the way i already mentioned in my other thread (you can check) that there is some maintenance work going on server, so i am not able to work on it for now.......i'll update as soon as maintenance is over......Thanx to show interest in this thread.....

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

Thanks for the update.

Its not about points rather about communication.

If you see the flow of posts above you will get what I meant.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I can understand.....as we both are giving our best for this solution....i'll update ASAP.......thanx......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitish!

I really appreciate that.

Thanks,

Ravi

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
you have to dig it first......
no one can you with your so simple sentence.
if you want to ask question , please provide as much as possible,
what's your environment..............
did ecc send out the data?
the data reach pi?
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jun

why you are always so much exited, you can ask in a good manner, isn't it??

yeah ecc send out data and data reach to pi,    the thing i want to ask is, is there any configuration needed in ecc or pi to deal with size of an idoc. May be this is the problem.

Regards

Nitish Sharma