cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROLE (sap standard approver determinator) templet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to upload role templet into CUP 5.3 (configuration > Roles > Import Roles > Download templet) . I have filled the templet accordingly its loading the roles and approver but not loading roles description, can someone help and send me the templet if anyone has it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hey Junaid,

How are you doing?

Could you please confirm the support pack level of your CUP 5.3? It might be possible that there is some issue with template file of that support pack.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have 18 level Neraj, thanks for your help though.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Pls find the attachment role upload template, use the column Description_en( Description_en ) for role desc.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid,

Try to create one role with as per your requirement, then download role template.

Fill the template, then upload. You might be confused with the column to update description as of now.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much Ajesh, I am sorry did not get what you meant "try to create role with your requirement than download the templet" in the begining i am just trying to two roles into xls sheet with desrciption but as i said description not showing into the system as well as critical, and business process because those field are mandotory  you know. do you have any sample by chance....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid,

What I was trying to say was. You create a role manually, not with import of template. Then export the role(the export file will have the role details and will show the column where to update description)--> open in excel-->add entries --> import.

You might have updated description in a wrong column. Its confusing as there will be many columns for description. I didnt have access to the template to send it then.

Try with kamesh template and the column for the description. Face any issues after do let us know

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Junaid,

The issue could be the language that you have maintained for the description. If you complete the English description, you'll be able to see it when if you're logged in English.

Remember that it's also possible to sync roles with ERM or the back-end system.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much Ajesh....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Diego, its resolved. I have put en after descriptoin ( description_en ) and its gone. but I am putting approver name as well after every single role. but without saving the system does not activate the approver name and they can not receive any email. right ? how would I resolve this issue. also we have two mandatory fied such as Level (critical) and Business process field and without putting entries into these field save button does not work and we getting error. can you help on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid,

The exact explanation of each field you have to complete is described in the configuration guide:

http://service.sap.com/~sapdownload/011000358700001913042008E/AC53_CG_Final_en_Dec_2010.pdf

Check page 242.

If you follow the instructions in there, you  won´t have any issue. In particular check the sintaxis for the approver filed:

"User ID of the role’s approvers. Several role approvers can be included, separated by commas. Alternate approvers follow the approver and are separated by a pipe symbol (|). Lead Approver designation follows the alternate approver separated by a pipe symbol (|).

Format:

Roleappr|alternative|Y,roleapprover|alternate

Example:

WONG|BLAW|Y,CPERKINS MWONG is the role approver, BLAW is MWONGs alternate approver and MWONG is the Lead Approver. CPERKINS is the second role approver, no alternate and is not the lead approver."

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Diego, it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego, thanks much for the help there are few things not going correclty through this templet.

1. we have Business process (mandotory filed)

when i put Finance in the templet coloumn and upload it the drop down option not slelcted FINANCE (WHEN I GO TO CUP ROLE>SERCH ROLE> you know what i meant

samething in Critical as we have critical box is mandatory and put the value HIGH on it but the upload templet not bring this value into real CUP screen and i have to select those manully..