cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Accounting Document with Sp. G/L Indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one query regarding the Sales Invoice Accounting Document.If suppose Customer has given an advance payment of Rs.1000 & the same entry will be done by Finance as mentioned below.

1. Customer Debit - Rs.1000

Customer Advance Credit - Rs. 1000 

Sp. G/L Indicator

2. Bank Debit - Rs.1000

Customer Credit - Rs.1000

Now while creating Sales Order & Sales Invoice , the following entry should be passed after creating Sales Invoice.

Customer Advance Debit Sp. G/L Indicator - Rs. 1000

Revenue Credit - Rs.1000

So can anyone help me as how can I get this entry after Sales Invoice. I have tried to explain the scenario but if any queries are there kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

Is this scenario is not related to Revenue Recognition ? Because in RR in the differed accounts the revenue recognition is done when payments are performed in advance, and will be accrued and affected once the payment is done. Suppose a customer is paying every month £100 for a quarter of the year, but the billing is done only at the end of quarter, then in such case differed revenue is taken into account. So if possible try to look into RR for differed revenues.

Here you will be havving account assignments with special GL for accrual accounting which you place in provisional in VKOA, just as we do in Rebates, although the scenario remains in contrast.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I was also thinking for Revenue Recognition but if I go to that path & do the settings in the Item Category , it all comes in grey mode. It means I can't enter anything in the exisiting Item Category.

How can I enter the relevant information in the Item Category. Kindly suggest & if possible provide me the Document to configure RR.

Best Regards,

Ankur

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

Thanks for the response, to configure RR you need to first speak to the SAP Labs. As such it doesnot come default. To activate revenue recognition we should have OSS notes 779366 for initial activation.

For detailed guidance refer OSS notes: 777996.In order to use this functionality we must request special permission to SAP. In OSS we can request under component SD-BIL-RR.

So first of all, request this permission in OSS and follow strictly SAP instructions.

Revenue recognition can be set up in the system with the following steps:

Step 1.

Before we go further, in required item category, select Indicator B to determine performance related revenue recognition for item category.

SPRO-Img-Sales and distribution-Account assignment costing-Revenue Recognition-Set Revenue recognition for item categories.

T.codes – OVEP

Step 2.

Revenue Recognition:

1. Assign GL account for Revenue & Differed Revenues
  2. Assign account for unbilled receivables:

Purpose:

With the configuration of Revenue Recognition, system causes the posting of revenues to special account for unbilled receivables at the point of goods issue. In this way we can get an overview of recognised revenue in accounting long before we create an Invoice.

The revenue account shows the current state of company’s revenue situation

However You have speak to FI guys to configure special GL accounts.

Regards,

Sridhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried with Down Payment Process ?  Here it will be a different G/L Account as compared with normal sales G/L Account.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesan,

I am not using Downpayment process as there is no billing plan involved here.But kindly suggest if the Accounting entry would be same as the one which I mentioned in my first thread.

But please confirm if the same can be achieved through RR.

Best Regards,

Ankur