Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging of two Web Dynpro Applications in one application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,
The Scenario given is

1)      Two Web Dynpro Applications have to be created.

2)      Application 1 would be having 4 input fields “Employee Name”, “Employee Number”, “Employee Hometown” and “Employee current city”.

3)      Application 2 would be showing the text taken from the input fields of the Application 1.

4)     There is one button created in the Application 1 called “Display” button and the purpose is when that button would be clicked, then it should call the application 2 and show its output in the main view of the Application 1.

It’s more like merging two applications into one applications.
eg : Suppose in the window of the application 1, I enter the values as ,Employee name as “ABC” Employee Number as “12345”, hometown as “New Delhi” and Current city as “London” .

When the “Display” button would be clicked , then it should show the text as  “ABC with Employee number 1234 is from New Delhi and is residing currently in LONDON ”. 

And this text should be displayed in the window of the 1st application itself.

Hope I have put my queries clearly.

I am not able to understand how to take an approach . Kindly suggest how to do this.

Thanks in advance and Regards,
Swarnadeepta.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can reuse app2 in your app1 to fulfill your requirement.

1)Take a node(in comp controller) in your app1 with those four attributes.

2)Then use input fields in VIEW1 of app1 for input and also take a VIEWCONTAINER UI

and embed this VIEW1 into WIN1.

3)Now create app2 and create a node(in comp controller) same as in app1

and mark it as input element.

4)Now using a view display the four attributes and embed it into a window say WIN2.

5)Now in your app1 reuse app2 and in your window WIN1 you will find the VIEWCONTAINER

in the tree under the VIEW1. Now embed WIN2 into this VIEWCONTAINER .

6)And also map the node in app1 to node in app2.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts, Thanks for the response, but it's still not fetching the records into the view..

Regards,
Swarnadeepta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
Thanks for the responses.
As suggested ,

1)  I created two applications.

2) 1st applications with 4required fieilds.

3) 2nd application with text views to display the o/p fields.

4) then i use the 2nd app. as a component in the 1st application. navigated the views for display the data.

5) but the data is not getting navigated from one view to the other when "Display" button is clicked.

My requirement is to show the result of the 2nd app in the main view of the 1st app.
That means when the required fields are filled up, and DISPLAY is  clicked, then in the same page itself the result should come

Kindly suggest if you get any answer.,
Swarnadeepta.

Regards

vickyokrm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnadeepta,

Try using interface node on both the application and link each other in the node,this would helpful in the data flow between different application simultaneously.

Thanks,

Vignesh.

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your scenario is about receiving the information from one screen and navigating the data to another.

To fulfill this requuirement, it would not be recommended to have 2 separate applications and then try to merge.

Technically, you need to either have two views in the single component OR maintain two separate components and reuse one in another. It is a BAD practice to have 2 applications and then try to combine them. Always maintain a single application i.e. URL for the user. The business logic should reside int he components and by this it allows you to re-use the code and also to control the data flow.

My recommendation: Maintain two views and embed them in a single window. Define the navigation plugs. Choose to pass the data through the phug methods or using the controller context. It is recommended to user controller context.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

Thanks for the response .

Whatever you said is all correct. But the requirement is to create two application and show the result in the 1st application's view. It's easy to navigate the data from one view to another. but i am not able to understand how to call one application into another and showing the result in the view of the 1st application. That actually is the issue. If you find any answer, please suggest. Even i use the 2nd application as the component usage in the 1st application.. but the data is not getting passed from the 1st application to the other.

Regards ,
Swarnadeepta.

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay. Then try to explore the option of using custom application parameters and then retrieve these parameters in another section.

You can also try to use URL parameters and try to read the values from URL(But it would not be recommended as it compromises the security of data).

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add the second webdynpro component as component usage in your first webdynpro component.

Search on SDN on how to add a component you will get plenty of examples.

Thanks

Bhanu