Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 Custom Agent Rule not working

jeanne_grimes2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Does anyone know what we are missing?

Created BRF-Plus Agent Rule for our role approvers, in BRF-Plus we are able to simulate our Rule and get the correct UserID approvers but when we add this Agent Rule into the workflow, when the request enters this stage the request just stops.  Without errors.    There is no error, (not even an error for No Approver found)  the request just stops without any error listed in the Audit Log.  The request cannot be opened even in Administrative mode.  

Since the Agent Rule simulation is working, we think there is an issue with adding this Agent Rule into the workflow.    When our Agent Rule was failing simulation we did get an Approver Not Found error message on the workflow.  Now there is no Approver Not Found message but no approver can enter this request when it enters this stage.

Here is our Agent Rule

·         Business Process from Request, Functional Area from Request, System and Role from  line

·         We have our role approver listed as UserID and Recipent

Any idea what we might have missed? 

2: Maintain Rules

We added the Rule ID (long number of Function), Rule Description, Rule Type as BRFPlus Flat Rule (line by line), Agent Rule

3: Maintain Agent

We added this with an Agent ID, Agent Name, Agent Type: GRC API Rules, Agent Purpose: Approval, Agent Rule (that long number of Function)

5: Maintain Path

This agent rule is in the second stage for a path.  (The request enters the path and passes through first stage Manager fine so Initiator  and Routing Rules are fine.)

The Agent ID is showing up in the Agent ID column.  Every column that the first stage has filled out, has something on this stage.  Therefore we assume nothing is missing from the stage set up.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in middle of MSMP config (10.1 SP08), and have hit the same issue..workflow ends with no errors.

There are no error message, not even no agent found.

1. Simulation of BRF+ rule is working fine

2. My initiator rule is also working fine (I tried the same workflow with a PFCG based Agent ID & it worked)

3. I am maintaining the ID of function in MSMP Agent rule.

4. The new Agent has been created with this new Agent rule.

5. Maintained this agent in Stage & Task settings.

6. MSMP version saved, generated & activated without errors.

Please let me know how this issue was resolved for you guys.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka -

I am having the same issue. Also on GRC 10.1 SP10 and simulation works flawlessly, but when inserted into the workflow it does not end in an error, the workflow just stops and does not find an approver.

Were you able to resolve this issue? I may be able to come up with a work-around but would really like to get the Agent rule that I have created working.

Thanks,

Darnell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have escape path enabled. if not, could you do so. Could you verify of there is an approver for the role.

could you provide details of your agent id

regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

I believe I have addressed this issue in our system. I have simplified the BRF+ custom agent. I used this document: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45753 to configure a custom initiator for our scenario to route the requests to the correct stage and then used a basic BRF+ custom agent with a decision table to route the requests to the appropriate approvers by functional area.

This all seems to be working now.

Regarding the escape path, I have defined a new path in Step 5 - Maintain Paths and associated a Admin (or Escape) stage for the Security admin then went back to Step 1 - Process Global Settings and provided this path in the Escape Conditions for Escape Routing (activated) and Escape Path set to the path defined in Step 5.

Does this sound correct regarding the setup of the escape path?

Darnell

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

its been nearly 2 years since this post originally was raised. I have also  recently encountered the same issue. It seems that rather than providing a no agent found error, the BRF+ rule just sends the work item to the next stage and then just hangs.

the administrator is unable to approve or return the request with no approver. I have looked at the brf+ rule itself and done simulations from the function and the results work as required.

it should be noted that if a value is matched within the decision table, then there is no problem, but we require to capture decisions not defined within the decision table to be sent tothe escape route.

I Am hoping that 2 years on from the original thread being posted, someone may have the experience to share a solution with the original question poster and myself.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

Could you please let me know how you resolved it..I am basically stuck at the same point where you were an year back..hope to get a reply soon.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

I am trying to go through my notes and see what I did. I believe that i had just added a row at the end of the BRF+ rule as an emergency agent, i.e. if none of the conditions met, go to Person X.

I think I also changed the config of the conditions, i.e. "Return All values" etc. Can you check your settings and let me know what you have set your agent to? Maybe share a screenshot of the structure of your Decision table in your reply. Lets see what we can do to fix it.

0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

Appreciate your quick response.

Please see attached screenshot of Table settings & Decision Table

Do you see any discrepancy? Or can you please pin point what I can do to get it working?

What surprises me is that simulation works fine for this BRF+ Flat line rule.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Have you selected the "Company" field from the Header items or Line-item level? As you maybe aware, "Company" exists as a request form header selection as well as a Role attirbute.

This could be affecting your BRF+ rule. Please double check.

If you need additional help, please create a new forum thread and we can discuss and share further in the new thread for your specific issue.

All the best.

0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

I have created the BRF+ rule for line item ..and cross checked that too. Thanks!!

I am raising this to SAP as I am running out of time & can't seem to find anything wrong with my configuration.

Will update the resolution here once I hear it from SAP.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeanne,

Please try to enable the DEBUG logs using the following SAP notes

sapnote_0001624069_enable_debug_MSMP

Next , it is very important that you add the "Agent ID" for the Stage you are want to , using "Modify Task Settings".

Hope it helps !!

Regards,

Victor