cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dev/inactive Workspace in DTR deleted by accident

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

today i accidentally deleted the dev/inactive Workspace in DTR of a project.

When i look into the DTR Browser there is nothing left. The other workspaces like dev/active, cons/inactive and cons/active are ok.

Is there any posibility to restore the dev/inactive workspace or to copy from the dev/active workspace back to inactive?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

first of all please try to resave the track (this recreates the missing DTR workspace), and trigger in CBS "initialize compartment" (which should sync the dev and cons workspaces).

Let me know if this helps. If not, you can make an attempt replicating the content from dev/active, but let's talk about this one only after you tested the above recommendation.

Best Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunately this did not help. There is still no content in dev/inactive.

So how can i replicate from dev/active?

Best regards,

Pascal

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help,

just to be sure:

This help article describes the way for replicating one track to another track.

But in my case i don't want to replicate the whole track.

I only need to replicate the active workspace to the inactive...

If I go on like described in the article, my replicate.txt file would look like this:

connect targethost:targetport user password targetID

connect sourcehost:sourceport user password sourceID

replicate –r –d c:\temp\replicate /ws/TRACK1/SC1/dev/active

targetID /ws/TRACK1/SC1/dev/inactive

whereas my target- and my sourcehost are the same system.

Am i correct?

Best regards,

Pascal

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, obviously implement only that part of the document that is required for you.
What you wrote seems correct for me. Before starting the replication ensure that the dev/inactive workspace exists in DTR (if not, as mentioned, you can create this folder/workspace structure by resaving the track in question). Replication shall also work if target and source points to the same system.I also suggest to get rid of the client side devconfigs (in NWDS), so for this you need to contact all the developers still having the development config in their NWDS. Ask them -- after the replication -- to delete and then reimport this development configuration.

Best Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

after a little bit trying and testing i figuerd out a solution which worked.

First of all: Thanks for your help. You saved me a lot of work and time 🙂

Both solutions suggested by you helped me in the end.

Following sequence of actions need to be done to copy the active workspace to the inactive workspace including all sources:

1. The whole inactive Workspace must be deleted.
  2. Then in CMS - Landscape Configuration (as mentioned in the first post) the track must be saved again and Initialized in CBS. So the inactive Workspace is created again.
  3. After that i used the DTR Command Line Tool to replicate the active Workspace to the inactive Workspace as mentioned in the SAP Help Document. Now all the sources are available again in inactive workspace. But now there is a Problem with the CBS ownership.
  4. According to SAP Note 1127973 i deleted again the complete D Buildspace, saved the track again (D buildspace is created again) and Initialized the Buildspace again. Now the problem with CBS Ownership is resolved.
  5. Reimported all SC's which are needed and made a build. Now everything is working again.

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Pascal

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

I am glad to hear that I could help, and I also owe you with a big Thank You, that you sent a detailed description about the steps you made. This proactive thinking definetely helps other customers facing the same issue in the future.

Thank you again and have a nice day! 😉

Ervin

Answers (0)