Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Item to Multiple PS Project using Object Link

ashish_aswale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following situation in PPM5:

We are managing a PPM which represents a project. We want to link PS project to Item using object link.

Question : Can I link 3 Projects in PS to Item using object link and will the cost of all three get summed at item level .

E.g. We have 3 projects in PS

1. Mobile CAPEX Funds
  2. Mobile OPEX Funds
  3. Mobile MFA funds

And we have item as Mobile implementation can we link all three project to one item and get the cost for mobile implementation as sum cost of 3 Project in the financial Planning

Thanks in advance.

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to above information, if the main purpose is achieve financial data update at item level then I believe only option no 2 from above message is possible. Through object linking option, I doubt you can achieve financial data update at item level with standard system.

Regards,

Pramod

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

You can assign the project to portfolio item via 2 options

1) Via Relationship->Object Link - Any no. of projects can be assigned through this option.

2) Via Relationship ->Related Objects - Only one project can be assigned through this option.

If you are using automatic PS project creation from portfolio item, single project via option  Relationship ->Related Objects will be created automatically.

Cheers

Amit

ashish_aswale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I our scenario we are creating cProject while creating item only. And we are linking PS Project using object link option.

Now my question is can we link multiple PS projects to Item and if yes can we get sum of all PS Project linked cost at the financial planning level 

Thanks

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard, you can not get financial data updated to portfolio item through object link. Please check the details related to integrtaion of Portfolio management and Project Management (cProjects & Project system).

Regards,

Pramod