cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Receiver Adapter Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am working on a By-Pass scenario from MDM to BW , and the sender n receiver file adapters are working fine In Dev Server and i can see the file posted sucesfully to the target System in the Devlopment.

Right now i have moved the interface to Quality and have done the testing, but the file is not reaching the target BW System and whn i monitor the Receiver CC, i am getting the following message

"Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: XXXXX_YYY.TXT(File Name)(The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.)"

Please help me

Thanx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

message processing failed cause;sap.engine.interface.msg.api.exeption.com.sap.exeption.standard.sap illigalargument exeption the parameter argument has the value xxxxxx so it contain the characters xxxxxxxx which is not allowed

0 Kudos

hi sir good morning my problem is reciver errors the msg as not exicute in target folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

File do not have Permission to R/W in directory,Please check for File Permissions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhilesh

The File which is being sent from the source system, i have checked the permissions and it has 777 permissions, PI Sender file adapter is able to pick the file and its showing sucess in PI MONI, but the file is not being able to get [posted to the target system and whn i check the receiver cc, i was getting the following message which is in red colour.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Share the error Message at receiver comm channel.

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check if user SAPService<SID> has write access to the target folder.

Thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nipun

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/xfer/targetsystem/XXXX_YYY.TXT (The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.)

Could not process due to error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/xfer/targetsystem/XXXX_YYY.TXT (The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.)

that is the error message i am getting at receiver cc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naga,

This is File Permission Issue,

1)you may be the owner of the file,but not the owner of the destination directory.check with UNIX/LINUX team for File permission issue.

2)check Comm channel, either the source or destination is an nfs-mounted filesystem,also check the File Type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhilesh

yes the target is an nfs-mounted file ssytem.

is there anything i can do in the communication channel?

please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhinav,

You need to reach out to your File Server Management team and get the requested Read Write permissions for the directory for the PI AF User user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naga,

Check Communication channels settings if they have designed as required...

Else please Contact UNIX/LINUX team member w.r.t file permission or directory permission,there is something issue with this file.

Hope this will help you out...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nipun and Nikhil

i will check wth the team and see how it proceeds.

will close the Question as soon as i reach a solution.

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

once you have to check credentials in receiver file Communication channel i mean target file path & server details because dev and Quality sys maintain details are different ..

if both system details are same , once need to check is there any locks for communication cghannel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have checked all the details for the CC.

The receiver CC is in green colour and whn the file is being sent from Source to target systems, i am getting the error on receiver cc and the file is not getting posted to the Quality target system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Perhaps you should try using a FTP client (I prefer Filezilla, as its open source) and dig into the NFS Folder and check whether the file posted do have sufficient writes to be picked up and processed.

For windows OS you should check for Read and Write option,

For Unix/Linux, try the file authorizations to chmod 777.

Hope it helps.

Nipun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

In the Quality system the new path of file server don't has the access/right to write the file. Add the permission to the user ID you are using in the file adapter of QA system

Cheers
Agasthuri

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apparently the user you provided in the receiver communication channel does not have sufficient authorization to create/update a file in the target directory. Contact your network administration team to have the authorizations extended properly.

Hope this helps,
Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

in quality system, in ID, in your reciever file comm channel, check and edit the filename and directory location.

also check there should be write access to the target folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

In the QA System i have changed the file anme and path  according to the QA.

how can i check whether there is write access provided to the target folder?

Hi Aga

i am using the NFS and not FTP

hoiw can i check or Add the permission to the user ID  in the file adapter of QA system

please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

now run the scenario, after saving and activating your comm channel.

it may work. pls check.