cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while posting differences for 2nd item of TO

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created a TO with 3 line items , which are 3 handling units and storage units.

Now via LM02, I am trying to confirm the TO with differences.

For 1st line item, say for example, 100 qty was target qty and  i confirmed actual qty as 80 and differences of 20.

Now for 2nd item with same quantity , if I am trying to confirm the same way, its giving error saying ,

''For TO item2, the target HU has to match the target storage unit".

This error is coming for all TOs when trying to post with differences.

1st item is getting posted successfully though.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

By reading your post I understand you are working with HU + SU. In WM you must set the correct number range & character lenth (10 digit ) so that your HU becomes SU.

Please check if HU number & SU numbers are different , in such case the error might come.

Another imp point here you must do the relevant settings at Storage type & Mvt type level.

And I hope you have defined return storage type , where the delta goes in 999 or back to source storage ?

Thanks,

Mahesh

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahesh.

No, I didn't defined return storage type.

Why this is required and how can I define it?

Please explain.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You initially told that, the first item of the TO was confirmed with Difference and which was succesful. SAP will provide a default bin(Interim Storage Types) for Differences which are generally activated using LX20.

Reward if helpful.

Regards

Sumanth

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Delta is not going anywhere, it just vanishes.

Suppose I made TO of 150, then in 902 150 is there for picking.

In XXX (dest st type) there are 150.

Now if  Iconfirm thru LT12 with difference , say for eg 120 is actual qty, then now 902 is showing 120 and XXX is 120, 30 just vanished.

After doing PGR, 902 120 is cleared.

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your difference quantities in LX13.

Regards

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pv s,

Did you try checking LS26 for this material? It should show all the stocks for this material in the warehouse when you execute it at the warehouse level. The differences by default go to 999 storage type with transfer order number as the dynamic bin. You can confirm this by checking the OMLX configuration for the difference indicators.

-Phani

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again.

Is this mandatory that the difference should go to 999 storage type?

What if the difference is not going anywhere and it just vanishes from the XXX storage type?

Please advice.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That would never be the case that it just vanishes. This is an logical entry to counter balance the IM stock. If IM stock is 150 & in WM you post 120 , 30 wont vanishes , it will either stay on 999 or return to source storage if Return storage is maintained. Later on you may see how much stock lies in differences & write off the stock at WM& at IM level.

There is no mandate that stock should always go to 999 , as I already said , you can define return storage type in mvt type or at storage type level , you can check at what level you need to define.

Thanks,

Mahesh

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahesh.

I understand what you are saying.

But here , we are doing PGR after TO confirmation.

So IM stocks get updated after TO confirmation only.

So TO created may be for 200, but confirmed with 150, then IM updates with 150.

We are using HU also here.

Anything wrong in this scenario?

If you need to explain the entire Goods receipt scenario in detail, then please let me know.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PVS

Ye , may not be in detail but just explain document flow & if you can take one example with quantity , I can try replicating & help you out.

Thanks,

Mahesh

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Mahesh,

Scenario:

a. PO - 1000 Qty

b. Inbound delivery: 200Qty

Two Handling units generated with 100 qty each

c. Created TO

Now St type 902 is having 200 for picking

XXX storage type is having 200 qty for putaway

Nothing updated in IM

d. Now confirmed TO via LT12

Here I put 75 qty for 1st item and say 80 qty for 2nd item and confirmed.

Now LS26 is showing 902 is having 155 qty for picking and XXX updated with 155 qty

e. Now via VL32N, done PGR

Now IM updated with 155 qty and 902 is blank.

So as per inventory, everything is perfect. Also scenario is perfect for business.

Now my actual problem is , when doing the same TO confirmation via LM02, for 1st item is getting confirmed with the difference qty.

But while trying to confirm the 2nd item with difference ,it is giving error saying - ''For TO item2, the target HU has to match the target storage unit".

This is the issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PVS,

Following could be the issue.

As you created two HU , system will convert it to 2 indivisual SUs. Since the TO is created ,for both the line items it is assigning one SU as material is same.

If this is available in test environment , try doing one by one . Confirm line item 1 . come out , confirm for 2nd line item again. Also try doing it with Lt12.

If same error is coming , raise an OSS.

Thanks

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PVS,

Following could be the issue.

As you created two HU , system will convert it to 2 indivisual SUs. Since the TO is created ,for both the line items it is assigning one SU as material is same.

If this is available in test environment , try doing one by one . Confirm line item 1 . come out , confirm for 2nd line item again. Also try doing it with Lt12.

If same error is coming , raise an OSS.

Thanks

Mahesh

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks.

But it creates 2 different SU number and SU numbers are matching with HU numbers also.

LT12 is working fine. I tested in test environment.

We already raised a SAP message.

Let's wait and see.

Thanks again for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PVS

Please share the outcome

Thanks,

Mahesh

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP provided a correction for this and the problem resolved.

Thanks all for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PVS,

Could you please share the SAP responce ?

Thanks,

Mahesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Did you check if this is a standard message or custom message ?

Regards

Sumanth

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a custom message.

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

If this is a custom message, check with your technical team with any EXIT has been implemented.

Regards

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep!

Access the transaction SE91, enter the class and number of the message and click "Where-Used List" - Ctrl+Shift+F3. Developments will be presented using this message.

Contact your ABAP. Probably an EXIT or BADI is performing validations.

Good luck!

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot see any error message number for this.

IS there any option to find out just from the error text that it is std or custom error?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Since you are working on RF, it is difficult to get the error message number. Try to confirm the TO's using LT12/LT13 and you will see the same error at the bottom of the screen. Double click on the message and see the message number.

Regards

Sumanth