cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while importing IDocs in a AEX based installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a problem while importing IDocs to ESR. Since the PI installation is completely Java based and I am using IDoc_AAE, I would like to know all possible configurations which can lead me to create a IDoc scenario.

The specific error which I am receiving is:

DDFactory could not be instantiated: Check you backend connection See error logs for details

I tried searching for a solution over the forum but was not able to locate exact/near match solution, please redirect me if you have any useful link.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get the same error...

But, I am working with a 7.11 PI version.

And what is very strange is that I get the error when I want to connect to the Abap Stack from PI. So, the same PI instance...

Any idea of what could be the problem ?

JB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I have found the solution and its been resolved at our end.

The issue was generated due to improper authorizations set up for the service user which was in the RFC destination to PI system.

So be it any version of PI, The Authorisation S_RFC should be properly provided.

If you need more details please check following help.sap.com link this will lead you to understand the correct reason for the error: S_RFC Authorisations

Regards,

Nipun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

This was very useful, however I am stuck with importing of IDoc metadata in ESR in order to proceed with mappings.

Appreciate if there is any help for the error

DDFactory could not be instantiated: Check you backend connection See error logs for details

This I receive whenever I try to import it via the normal method in ESR (Right click over Import in SWCV and as we followed in PI 7.1 Dual installations connecting to ERP system.)

Is there any specific role my user ID should have or some new method is now in place for AEX installations.

Thanks.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Is there any specific role my user ID should have or some new method is now in place for AEX installations.

there's nothing special in AEX only - the plain old way - maybe there's not connection to the backend from your PI ? (firewall etc,)

so you see anything more here: "See error logs for details" ?

in NWA logs - default trace maybe ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check this thread. The similar problem is resolved by providing PISUPER user id. This might be helpful

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3159399

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, just solved a few minutes after posting. Did not had time yet to put the solution.

Using PISUPER is a good workaround but not a recommendable solution. This is only a matter of authorization. RFC authorization was missing in my user. This solved the issue.

Error that you get from this popu is just not helpful at all in this particular case... 😕