cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Book is empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

In our planning book we are using weekly buckets for 3 years history and 2 years forecast.This is the 14th week, but the data is loading for only one week.Can any one tell me what is the issue?how can we check whether data is correctly uploaded in BW system and the same is extracted into APO system?

Thanks in advance.

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

The data you see from planning book are saved in liveCache (unless you use infocube key figure, but i suppose that should not be your case). If there's no data for other weeks, it means you do not have data for those weeks in liveCache (for your selection).
I don't know other ways to check liveCache time series data except in planning book.

I think you must check the processes you did from the raw data to liveCache.

Generally, we have raw data in file or other database, then we put them into BW system, or we have data (like sales history) already in BW system.
In order to check data in infocube, you can use transaction LISTCUBE.

Then we may use /sapapo/tscopy to copy data into APO planning area (liveCache). And we check liveCache data using the planning book we created for the planning area.

We cannot judge your problem according to your description, so you have to check every steps by yourself.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thank You for your reply.Data is uploaded correctly in BW cube.Is there any way to check if the problem in BW to APO extraction?

Thanks,

Kishore

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

As Ada already mentioned, how you get the data into your planning area will depend on your design.

I can also only give you a general typical scenario. In many of the cases, you would get history data from R/3 to BW cube. Then from R/3 cube you would get it into an APO cube, and from the APO cube you would load it to an APO DP planning area.

In the DP planning area, you would run the forecasting model, and get the Stat Forecast. After that, you could have various kind of adjustments, etc, and arrive at the final forecast (or consensus forecast, etc. This forecast could be known by various names).

You need to find out the data flow in your system (may be similar to what I mentioned above or may be different). Then you need to go step by step and find out where you start missing the data.

Also be aware that sometimes there may be macros which might make some of your data zero. So, you need to understand your DP design clearly before you would be able to find out the root cause.

As of now, you have seen that data exists in BW cube. Next find out how and where you get data in APO (most likely it might be an APO cube), and then check if data is there or not. If not, then check the variant of the job that sends data from BW to APO. Also check if the job ran properly or not as per its schedule or not. This kind of activity would need to be repeated till the point the data arrives in your planning area.

Thanks - Pawan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not Active ContributorHi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for every one for sharing useful information .Its only a week old production system(we went to Go live very recently).I don't know may be some settings or User authorization, now its coming properly with out any action.

Thanks,

Kishore