Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI asynchronous response back from legacy not executing

former_member46308
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a scenario where we send asynchronous messages to a legacy system via PI and then that system responds back to us. This async response is captured in our system to call a BAdI once executed. Recently we changed the response to be queued for some reasons. Now many a times it is happening that from sxmb_moni I see the status of the response to be 'Processed Successfully' the chekered flag. But when i go and see my table updates, it has not happened. This means that the Badi did not get called or something went wrong whicg finally ended up not calling my code as part of the Badi. But this is not a consistent behaviour. Its only some times it fails and not all of the time everytime. This is what is confusing me. Is there anything that I can check for to know what could have happened?

Thanks & Regards,

Tiyasha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member46308
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

I think I will have to go via STAD or something to understand whats going wrong. Thanks everyone for your inputs.

former_member46308
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

There are no connection errors. At about the same time other async responses have come back and executed successfully. Also no queues ar stuck. I see nothing stuck in the queue monitor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tiyasha,

This is strange, However I agree that this problem is not in PI. but you can check what exactly is going by going to Tcode ST22 and checking for the logs for that time duration, when the update is not successfully performed.

Nipun

former_member46308
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Do I need any kind of trace or anything to be active to check in st22 for this? Right now if I check in st22 for that time there is nothing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First off understanding that your call to BAdI is working correctly, via trace only I believe you can understand what data problem you have. Since call to Badi is succesful hence the PI processing is complete and OK.

Next you need to be watchful over the the detail trace and log on the calls made to ABAP satck which can lead you to debug the proper error and this needs to be done when you receive such a message which is successful in PI but the tables are not updated.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tiyasha,

Have you checked the queues status in the sxmb_adm transaction?, it could exist a problem there.

More information about queues in sap.india5's blog: http://scn.sap.com/people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understandin...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tiyasha,

As Vila mentioned check the Queue status in addition tcheck Tcode - SM58 for any connection error

Cheers
Agasthuri

former_member46308
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

It may not be a problem with PI, but it is not a problem with the response either. From sxmb_moni if I copy the Payload xml and in 'sproxy' for that Interface manually run the response my tables are hit and it updates correctly. It is when it gets called via the queue from PI something is going wrong. The Badi is not called but yet in Moni the status gets set to as 'processed successfully'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But this is not a consistent behaviour. Its only some times it fails and not all of the time everytime.

i think not problem in Pi because some times fail & some times success so once you check,  is ther any miising mandatary data and cmpare sucess and failuer payloads easy to find is ther any missing data .

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Compare Success and Failre response message yoy may get clue,i dont think it is porblem with PI .