cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEPERATE INSPECTION LOT FOR BALANCE COMPONENT RETURNED FROM PRODUCTION

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Component X of 100 Kgs is in unrestricted stock. 50 Kgs of this stock has been issued to production,the batch is ABC. Based on next ispection date the remaining stock lying in unrestricted has moved to quality with 9 series inspection lot.Component X and batch ABC after consumption of 25kgs in production the balance is returned back to stores.but this stock lies is unrestricted against the same lot no of series 9.

But my requirement is that the balance component X returned from production (having the same batch no)should generate new lot with 9 series to avoid furthur confusion and should go to quality inspection.

Kindly help me in mapping the same

RAMESH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting problem.  How often do you run QA07? 

I have never tried it when an 09 lot already exists for the batch but I would see no reason why running QA07 wouldn't work.  If the material is in unrestricted use and the next inspection date is reached, QA07 should still create a lot for it. 

So what I would look at is the procedure for returning the material.  Does this happen once a shift?  At the end of the shift?  Can I happen anytime?  If there are no rules around when or how stock is returned can you define a new process for this?  If you can determine an acceptable timeframe, I would try to schedule QA07 to run more often.  Maybe twice a shift.  You might end up with two inspection lots instead of one, but it will at least be in QI and it will be in the proper type of inspection lot for why it needs to be inspected.

I can't imagine that this happens a lot.  If it does, maybe your BOM needs to be adjusted or new procedures set up around how material is consumed in production.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are u running deadline monitoring T code (QA07) manually or defined backgroung schedule?

If manually, Then execute again QA07 for the same batch wiith radio buttons as desired.

Thanks

Sachin

0 Kudos

Dear Sachin

Thanks for your promp reply.

But my problem is the balance component quantity that is returned back to stores should fall into quality and if next inspection date reached then this has to be generated with recurring inspect series lot.

For the information THE DEAD LINE MONITORING IS BACK GROUND SCHEDULED.

RAMESH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its depends upon the process you follow to return material to store.

You may explore option of using 262 mvt type ( with 05 inspection type ) or 311 mvt type ( with 08 inspection type)