cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtualization

erick-acosta
Explorer
0 Kudos

We're a few months to change the SAP server infrastructure in my company, the initiative includes virtualize all development and production environments. My landscape includes Solman, Portal, PI, ERP and BI. I'd like to read comments about how these activities have been done, I mean primarily to the migration of environments. What do you recommend doing? The new infrastructure vendors have recommended Homogeneous System Copy without changing the SAP ID, but I'm worried about what would happen if the names or IP of the new servers change, what happen with RFC settings and other communications between applications.

I must clarify that I have read the main notes on the process of virtualization, the central note about virtualization on Windows and versions supported, etc..

Any comments or suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Erick Acosta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick!

I think this has more to do with migrating SAP systems and sizing SAP systems than pure virtualization best practices (and if you read the SAP Notes, you know these already). See that sizing - even if it will be done on VMware - is performed by the hardware partner. If this is not sufficient, I would reach out to VMware Professional Services Organization as we have some consultans with good SAP knowledge.

Or perhaps you find some useful presentation at the SAP Virtualization and Cloud Week which is held in Palo Alto right now.

Kind regards,

Matthias

Answers (0)