cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Invoice Approval- Classic Versus Classic Extended

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am researching some options around a forthcoming SRM 7 implementation we intend to take on, while I have worked on multiple SRM systems before I have always processed the invoices in Miro(aka Ecc6 and dealt with their approval in Ecc6). However my current business has a requirement to approve invoices in SRM using its standard hierarchical workflow, however my question is...... Is that possible in standard SRM? I would be happy to post in ECC but approve the invoice in SRM? If this is not the case could i enter the invoice in SRM and approve in SRM using classic or do i need to use classic extended?

.I understand the actual invoice is held in ECC6 in classic but i am unsure how this could interact with SRM. Your help would be appreciated!

happy to clarify if needed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The way it will work is when you post the invoice in SRM, this works for both classic as well as extended classic. In this way you can use the SRM workflow for invoice. The invoice in SRM will be replicated to ECC by way of the Idoc INVOIC message.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, thank you for the answer!

One more question, i would want to attach scanned images to these invoices is this possible in SRM invoice processing? Or wlll i need Open text?

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For invoice processing transfer of attachment from SRM to ECC is not possible as invoice is transferred through IDocs. It's not possible to send attachment with it. This is in a standard system design.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the answer, my question was slightly different, I wish to. Attach the invoice in SRM invoice processing and send it to the approver, is this possible or do I need open text?

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's possible. You can attach .pdf, .doc, .xls files. I think there should not be any problem with image files too.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Answers (0)